2011 Bighorn 3585 RL Ceiling Lights, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't! Why??

We have a 2011 Bighorn 3585 RL that we have only had for 2 months. It seems that the ceiling lights will not always work. They are these small halogen bulbs and sometimes if we just touch the outside of the light cover they will come on. Anyone else experience this type of problem, and if so what did you do to make them work properly?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have the same rig as you. I have not experienced that problem. A couple of burned out bulbs is all.
Have you taken the lens off and checked that the bulbs are tight in their sockets? Pull the fixture down and then unscrew the lens. Be carefull not to touch the bulb with your hands. Use a tissue to check the bulb.
PS, I did move your thread out of the MPG section.

Peace
Dave

Thank You Dave, I picked up a couple bulbs and will try a couple things. I will see you this weekend. We look forward to meeting everyone!

Ken

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would also check the connections on the lights, I had a spade connector that was not tight on one of my switches.

Thank You. It doesn't seem to be in the switches at all because some of the lights work some of the time. Does anyone know of a differant bulb to use? These get very, very hot!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thank You. It doesn't seem to be in the switches at all because some of the lights work some of the time. Does anyone know of a differant bulb to use? These get very, very hot!!

I think you're pretty much stuck with that bulb due to the size and pins. Halogen bulbs DO get very hot. Part of the reason they say not to get stuff, including fingerprints, on them.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Im have a 3585 too and I have replaced all the bulbs in the kitchen. None so far in the living room. I have been tole to clean new bulbs with alcohol and not to touch them with your fingers. but to use a cloth. I also had one that would go out sometimes. when I would touch the lens to remove it the light would come on. I had a wire nut loose that connects the light wire to the line wire. You may want to check there..
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City. Ok
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet Diesel Dually
2011 BigHorn 3585RL

ChangingPlaces

Can you change the bulbs to Leds, thats what we have done throughout our 2950RK. Amazing power reduction and they don't get hot. Check the wiring connections as mentioned in this thread.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For those that don't want the Halogen bulbs, HERE is a link to a place that sells an LED with the G-4 base.

Peace
Dave

ChangingPlaces

David
We have two sorts of bulbs cool white and warm white. The cool white bulbs are the brighter of the two. We have placed them in the kitchen, dining table for my DW to do her office work from and anywhere where you want a brighter light. The warm white bulbs in every other place. These a roughly the same light as the old ones, but the cool white bulbs are quite a bit brighter, a white light. Whereas the warm bulbs are more of a slight yellow light.
Cheers Paul