2011 Cyclone Model 3010 RV Antenna Connections

keikat02

Hi,

On my used recently purchased 2011 Cyclone Model 3010, I am wanting to replace the OEM batwing "crank-up" TV antenna with a King Jack OA8500 antenna. However, the current flat screen TV installed in the entertainment center, in the kitchen/living room area, is not connected to any cable connection. Does anybody know where I can find a Model 3010 diagram detailing/displaying how the factory tv cable is routed throughout the RV and connected from the roof antenna to the Entertainment Center TV located in the kitchen/living room area? Any comments, diagrams, and/or instructions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Allen Squyres

Hollandt

As information I tried the same and the reception was much better with the older crank up antenna. I removed the new one and returned it and used the old one.

Roller4tan

there are some antenna schematics in the tools section on how it SHOULD be wired. The physical routing is anybody's guess depending on who wired the trailer on any given day. Perhaps the last owner used an after market antenna connected directly to the tv.

keikat02

Thank you to all that responded to my inquiry. The antenna cable diagrams, from the Heartland Forum's "Tools" media files, were exactly what I was looking for. After reviewing the 2014 cable schematic, it looks like all that will have to be done is remove the old antenna, mount the new antenna, connect the new antenna's cable to the King Jack's signal tracker which connects to the TV booster's cable, and connect the TV's antenna cable to the CATV plug installed in the Entertainment Center. Also, from what I have read, the TV booster, installed in the bedroom, needs to be "powered-on" when performing the TV channel scan to obtain/watch local TV stations. Correct?

HOLLANDT, I have already purchased/received the King Jack OA8500 antenna, mounting plate, butyl sealant tape, and "self-leveling" sealant from Amazon. The reason for ordering the King Jack antenna is the OEM batwing antenna will not raise up due to the antenna crank being "frozen" in place when I attempt to turn the crank. I was hoping to hear "positive" responses concerning the King Jack antenna. Currently, I am debating whether I want to attempt to install the antenna myself or have a RV service professional perform the installation. Since I weigh about 265 lbs. and not knowing whether the roof will safely support my weight, I am hesitant about getting on top of the 2011 Cyclone's Model 3010 roof. What do you think?

Once again, thank you all for your responses(s).

Allen Squyres

david-steph2018

Just had solar installed on our 2018 Road Warrior, there was 2 men up there at the same time. Some of the work was done around the TV antenna area.

wdk450

The TV booster amplifier plate should be ON for Over The Air (OTA) tv signals. Cable and satellite signals are on much higher frequency bands which the electronics of the amplifier plate cannot pass. Turning the amplifier power OFF engages a signal path relay that bypasses the signal amplifier by shunting the incoming coax signal to the output amplifier coax connector without going through the electronics board.