2011 Elkridge kitchen slide

Gas20

My kitchen slide when opening or closing tilts at the top of the slide. I first noticed the tilt when opening the couch drawer pulled open and broke the latch on the drawer of the couch. I went outside to watch it close and the top makes contact with the trailer side and then straightens as it closes against the side of the unit. I asked a mechanic about it and he said that is just the way it sets up, but the opposing slide (same size) does not do this. It is going back to the dealer Monday, I just don't think it is right. Anyone seen any slide doing this before ?

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I don't know which ER you have but mine, the 34QSRL, does the same. I believe it happens as the weight of the kitchen is transferred to either the inside or outside of the coach. I believe it is Probably normal. The opposing slide on mine is longer but probably not as heavy. Let me know if they tell you different.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know which ER you have but mine, the 34QSRL, does the same. I believe it happens as the weight of the kitchen is transferred to either the inside or outside of the coach. I believe it is Probably normal. The opposing slide on mine is longer but probably not as heavy. Let me know if they tell you different.

Ours does the same, 34QSRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas20

Well that's comforting a little but still bugs me that it breaks the latch on the drawer of the couch. The latch was fixed before we left with it an is broken again. The latch is just plastic but it just bugs me. I was thinking about putting some half inch blocks under the couch legs.

Gas20

Well had the slide worked on and they found two bolts on the drive shaft of the slide had wallowed out causing the slide to wobble side to side. The service tech stated that the slide will tilt and is normal. We have the 34QSRL model as Tony and Gerry stated so I guess this normal for this model. Oh and I put the slide out and it pulled open the drawer under the sleeper couch after the tech put two latches on it.