2011 Ford F350 4X2 6.7L Diesel

jwalker1

Well I guess someone out there really doesn't want me to retire. I took my truck in yesterday at 9:00 AM because after getting the 12B33 Recall completed my transmission was jerking in 3rd and 5th gear. At the same time I wanted a oil change, lube, DEF, and filter done. Well I called at 2:00 PM to see if it would be done by 4:00 when I finished work and they said they would need to keep it overnight. They offered me a loaner. When I went to pick up the loaner they asked if I needed anything from my truck and I said yes. That's when the wheels came off. The service guy tells me they had an accident and I said "WHAT". Seem one of their porters sideswiped another vehicle in the parking lot and tore the passenger side fender off of the dually. I wouldn't have been so mad had they not tried to hide it. Of course they came up with lame excuses why they didn't call me right away or why they didn't tell me at 2:00 PM.....Bottom line the General Manager of the Dealership said they will make it right. The problem is I have less than 24,000 miles on it and it didn't have a scratch before this. I know that when cars/trucks are in accidents they are never the same after repairs....Just Venting to some wonderful folks who listen.......

Last edited by a moderator:

MTPockets

That's a tough one to stomach. Had to replace entire front end of Pontiac a few years back - other guys fault... Similar anxiety, but good body shop got it back in better than new condition.... If they have a good body man, you'll be happy with the work...

GOTTOYS

They will use new Genuine Ford parts and matching paint. I bet you will never know the difference. It's a bolt on part that shouldn't require any work other than paint prep and painting. I would be ticked off too at the way they handled it. Might be different if it required some actual bodywork..Good luck...Don

porthole

Retired
Since the work is being done at the dealership, at their cost means you need to get everything in writing.
New parts and correct paint.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Make sure you tell them you want to be sure they do not turn in the accident to CAR-FAX because if they do it will indicate your vehicle was in an accident on CAR-FAX hence affecting the value of the truck.:(

hoefler

Make sure you tell them you want to be sure they do not turn in the accident to CAR-FAX because if they do it will indicate your vehicle was in an accident on CAR-FAX hence affecting the value of the truck.:(

X2!! I was thinking the very same thing.

jwalker1

I spoke with the General Manager of the dealership yesterday and he stated that nothing would be posted to cause the value of the truck to go down since it happened on their lot. Also, the porter hit another customers car and it looks terrible. Don't know why someone would be driving a big truck without knowing how!!!! The GM also stated that my service would be free, they will detail the whole truck and I would be getting a few freebies from the dealership....That kind of makes up for it.....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I spoke with the General Manager of the dealership yesterday and he stated that nothing would be posted to cause the value of the truck to go down since it happened on their lot. Also, the porter hit another customers car and it looks terrible. Don't know why someone would be driving a big truck without knowing how!!!! The GM also stated that my service would be free, they will detail the whole truck and I would be getting a few freebies from the dealership....That kind of makes up for it.....

They are afraid you will sue them for negligence. Hmmm...maybe you could get them to pay off your truck.

RoadJunkie

Let me understand; Folks are upset because the dealership attempted to hide the accident, yet it would be OK to hide the accident from a future owner by withholding information from CarFax? The fact that the accident was the dealer's fault does not change the fact that the vehicle was in an accident. If I understand that the damage is limited to the replaceable dually fender, this is easily explained to a future buyer who might check the CarFax. I just don't understand the double standard. The whole episode is unfortunate and heart-sinking for the owner.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Let me understand; Folks are upset because the dealership attempted to hide the accident, yet it would be OK to hide the accident from a future owner by withholding information from CarFax? The fact that the accident was the dealer's fault does not change the fact that the vehicle was in an accident. If I understand that the damage is limited to the replaceable dually fender, this is easily explained to a future buyer who might check the CarFax. I just don't understand the double standard. The whole episode is unfortunate and heart-sinking for the owner.

Well said.

If it were me, while it's in the shop I'd have them pull the other fender and repair any rock chips then shoot both of them with invisible bra. First thing I did when we bought ours was to drop it off at the body shop and have it applied. Fantastic stuff.

jayc

Legendary Member
Road Junkie, I see your point but the fact is, a minor "fender bender" is often a non-reportable accident due to the amount of damage. People have minor accidents in parking lots all the time and work out paying for the damage between themselves so no police report is made and no report to Car Fax.

RoadJunkie

Road Junkie, I see your point but the fact is, a minor "fender bender" is often a non-reportable accident due to the amount of damage. People have minor accidents in parking lots all the time and work out paying for the damage between themselves so no police report is made and no report to Car Fax.

I understand, Jay. It was just something about the two-sided concealment that had my brain twisted. I hope it all works out congenially.