2011 Heartland 3950 Cyclone HD Spring/ Suspension R&R

PJBunn

I have found that the shackles are ripping out of the bolts on my tri-axle 2011 Cyclone HD 3950.there is approx. 75,000 miles on my camper. I understand this is normal wear and tear? What is the go to "kit" for complete replacement with wet bolts / bushings and heavy duty shackles? I have an 8 hour trek to embark on in a week and a half so I need to get under way lol. Thanks in advance I would really appreciate anyone's help that has been here before.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello PJBunn and welcome to this great forum.
It sounds like you have exceeded the life of your OEM shackes.
Wet bolts with heavy duty shackles is the way to go. Be sure that the shackles are 1/2 inch thick.
Tweetys comes to mind as a place to purchase.

Peace
Dave

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Welcome to the Forum!
If you have Dexter axles and suspension on your Cyclone, Dexter offers a wet bolt kit as one option. I can't say whether there's significant difference between the kits offered by various manufacturers.
A couple of tips if you do the job yourself.....You'll need to support the rig by jacking/shoring the frame. Once the wheels have been removed to access the suspension, a floor jack under the axle you are working on will make it easier to position for aligning and installing the new bolts. When installing the bolts, push them through from the back (grease fittings toward the center of the rig) otherwise you'll have to take the wheels off whenever you want to give them a shot of grease.

PJBunn

Welcome to the Forum!
If you have Dexter axles and suspension on your Cyclone, Dexter offers a wet bolt kit as one option. I can't say whether there's significant difference between the kits offered by various manufacturers.
A couple of tips if you do the job yourself.....You'll need to support the rig by jacking/shoring the frame. Once the wheels have been removed to access the suspension, a floor jack under the axle you are working on will make it easier to position for aligning and installing the new bolts. When installing the bolts, push them through from the back (grease fittings toward the center of the rig) otherwise you'll have to take the wheels off whenever you want to give them a shot of grease.

Thank you very much Sir!!
cool.png