My Never Fail Bushings - Failed.

brianharrison

Brian
Keep greasing them. I had some on a SOB 5ver and they stopped taking grease-plugged up. I ended up taking them part-what a pain.

Yes, it is important that they take grease. I put enough grease into them to displace the old grease out the "ends" and then I wipe the old grease off.

I have installed the wet bolts with the grease discharge hole pointing upwards (no force when at rest). I mark the heads before I install just as a confirmation step to ensure that they are oriented correctly after tightening the nut.

Brian

Al.K

I have been researching the suspension threads. And trying to follow along with the wet bolt vs never fail bushing topics. It appears I have a mix of part from Dexter and Lippert involved, and my question is-If you switch to a wet bolt set up, and you have Correct Track. Can you use the same wet bolts and bronze bushings on the front and rear spring eyes, that have the Correct Track brackets? I'm in the process of getting the part numbers for the heavy duty wet bolt/shackle upgrade kit, from Dexter. But they questioned the compatability with Lippert's Correct Track. Any thoughts ?

brianharrison

Can you use the same wet bolts and bronze bushings on the front and rear spring eyes, that have the Correct Track brackets? I'm in the process of getting the part numbers for the heavy duty wet bolt/shackle upgrade kit, from Dexter. But they questioned the compatability with Lippert's Correct Track. Any thoughts ?

Hi Al.K, I cannot say for sure as I have not researched using a Dexter heavy duty wet bolt/shackle kit with the Lippert Correct Track. My thought is the heavy duty wet bolt/shackle kit should have the same dimensions as a regular shackle kit, hence it should be OK. Just need to make sure the thicker shackles and wet bolt heads have enough clearance and would not interfere with the action of the correct track. They would have additional clearance requirements at the head end and nut end.

Brian

Al.K

After taking a look at my suspension. The bolts that go through the spring eyes on the ends with the Correct Track have the head of the bolt spot welded to the cam plate.
So I think I'm seeing why Dexter would question the use of their wet bolt for this application. Maybe I could use the upgrade parts for the other locations. And have the current
bolts for the Correct Track drilled and tapped like a wet bolt, and still use a bronze bushing. Would take some machine work, but I know a shop locally that would have no problem with this kind of job. Bolt strength maybe an issue. I would hope all shackle bolts are better quality bolts to start with. But at this point, its just a thought.

brianharrison

Just a quick question. How do you like the F350 with the 6.4L? Any idea of mileage solo and towing?

Since you asked:

I like my 2008 6.4 a lot. I bought it new, it is configured how I want it to be - and it has been maintained to my high standards. It is a 2008 job 1 and only has 45k miles.

The mileage is not important to me - all diesels in this configuration are about the same mileage, empty and pulling. I have removed the DPF and converter, added a 4", down pipe back, exhaust with muffler and resonator. A tuner is required to eliminate the Regen portion of the ECU programming. This has increase mileage however it was more important to me to get rid of that **** regen and the extras temp stressors on the engine and turbos.

I cannot justify a 6.7 with my current situation, but I do like the gen 2 (2015) 6.7. If I was flush with cash, or starting out new I would stretch to a 2015 6.7.

Brian