Reliability of Never Fail Bushings

SilverRhino

I plan on upgrading the bushings on our BC this summer. The "old school" part of me says that if you can lube it it will work better......so I was leaning toward the Wet Bolt kit. I keep looking at the Never Fail bushings and wonder if anyone has put these on their trailer and then checked them after a few thousand miles? Even better would be to hear from someone who has used both types!

All the adds of course say great things about them....but I guess I would like to hear about some real world experience, not a commercial. If anyone can help me with my decision, I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Travel Safe!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the wet bolt, but when I changed my springs the bronze bushings came out in pieces.
So as a temporary bushing I now have the OEM plastic type in there now.
I plan to order some Never Fail Bushings soon and then install them.
I had a sample Never Fail and I gotta say that it's some pretty tough stuff.

Peace
Dave

brianharrison

Randy,

I plan on looking at the Never Fails I installed last summer. I have a bet going with the service manager at the truck/trailer/alignment shop - if no wear I get my this year's inspection and alignment for free. If there is wear on the never fails, I pay double..... We'll see :). We mic'ed them before we installed them. I plan to do this in July before our long summer trip.

I have a strong feeling they will be better than the brass/dry bolt or brass/wet bolts (in old equaflex) wrt wear. I am curious if they will have cracks or have completely broken down (brittle).

I'll report back later.

Brian

lwmcguir

Something is going to wear, either the bolt or bushing. I am curious to hear how this goes as well. Are the bolts the standard grade 5 that come with the never fail bushings?

brianharrison

Something is going to wear, either the bolt or bushing. I am curious to hear how this goes as well. Are the bolts the standard grade 5 that come with the never fail bushings?

Yes - something is going to wear - hopefully the "permanent lubrication" of the polyamide significantly reduces the wear as compared to wet/dry steel/brass or steel/plastic.

I cannot remember where I bought my NeverFails, it was online and may have been off amazon, or another website, however they came with only the bushings. I used new, knurled hardware from the truck/trailer suspension shop. I'll look at the heads tonight to see if they are Grade 5. My experience is Grade 5/Grade 8 have similar sufrace hardness (resistance to wear) so should not make a difference, IMHO.

Brian