A Wet Bolt Tale

BigGuy82

Big guy. Are you using just the levelers to hold the trailer when doing this? Thinking of doing the same is why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory says it's a no-no, so don't do it because I do. That said, no matter how you get the rig in the air, safety dictates using properly rated jack stands under the frame as a backup and the rig on flat ground.

CoveredWagon

There are many good suggestions for pressing the new brass bushing into the spring eye. This is what someone suggested a few years ago on this forum. I've installed wet bolts on two of my Bighorns using this. Money you don't need to spend but it sure makes it easier.
https://t.harborfreight.com/ball-joint-service-kit-for-2wd-and-4wd-vehicles-63279.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might be able to rent one of these at an auto parts store like Auto Zone etc. Many of them do rent tools.

BigGuy82

You might be able to rent one of these at an auto parts store like Auto Zone etc. Many of them do rent tools.

According to the instructions that came with the wet bolt kit, the bushigs can be easily driven in using a 9/16 bolt. Put the bolt through the pushing, give it a few firm taps - viola'!