2011 Landmark Augusta water problems

jpdoggett

Just a note to let everyone know that if you see a little water around the bottom of your stool get it fixed ASAP ours started leaking and now we have to have the floor in the bathroom replaced This is a 2011 so it is only 3 years old. Also because of leaks in the storage compartment we have to have the whole basement floor replaced, and HEARTLAND DON'T CARE, all they can say is it has a 1 year warranty. And other than that they don't care, so much for QA.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Sorry to hear of your problems but I do not see what you can expect from Heartland. As you mentioned it is a 3 year old rig. I have heard of others who have replaced their decking in the basement for one reason or another. It is a DYI project if you are handy. Not sure that Quality Control would have prevented your current problem either since it seems to have just happened. I could have been something as simple as too much water pressure from any given campground or something worked its way loose in travel. Unfortunately it comes with the territory when we drive these units all over the roads, something is bound to happen. Hope that you find a way to get this fixed and back to enjoying your retirement.

Mark

jpdoggett

Mark Thanks for your reply but this thing is not towed it has all of 20 miles on it and the water pressure here is about 40lb no more and we have had water leaks from day one and some was fixed under warranty but the wood if that is what call this stuff is gone.

dave10a

Companies should always determine if there are mitigating circumstances for this type of problem rather than stand firm on a warranty term. Trailer Life and Motor Home magazines have plenty of letters from readers that show how companies honored warranties beyond the stated term because of mitigating circumstances. I would write to Trailer Life and explain your situation and response from Heartland. Water leaks from day one should be noted and Heartland should have a record of your warranty/repair history.

readytohitheroad

Seems to me it is common knowledge that plywood and water does not mix. Also seems to me that water leaks are a fairly common occurrence in RV's. It therefore seems that a solution would be to not use plywood as the flooring material. Would guess this is a cost issue in the manufacturing of the rigs. Nonetheless...

kowAlski631

Just a note to let everyone know that if you see a little water around the bottom of your stool get it fixed ASAP ours started leaking and now we have to have the floor in the bathroom replaced This is a 2011 so it is only 3 years old. Also because of leaks in the storage compartment we have to have the whole basement floor replaced, and HEARTLAND DON'T CARE, all they can say is it has a 1 year warranty. And other than that they don't care, so much for QA.

How long did the leak in your bathroom go on before you got it fixed? Just wondering.

Martha

jpdoggett

We seen it just before we closed it up for the summer and then when we got back here in Oct 1 we seen it and called them about a week later and they just got out here last Thursday and came back today. From what they tell me it has probably been leaking since it was new.

dave10a

We seen it just before we closed it up for the summer and then when we got back here in Oct 1 we seen it and called them about a week later and they just got out here last Thursday and came back today. From what they tell me it has probably been leaking since it was new.
You are not going to get any support on this forum when it come to Heartland and their warranty policy. Again if you think you have a warranty issue, I would correspond with a RV zine like Trailer Life with a well thought out letter and documentation. If they think you have a legitimate complaint they will help you.

readytohitheroad

You are not going to get any support on this forum when it come to Heartland and their warranty policy. Again if you think you have a warranty issue, I would correspond with a RV zine like Trailer Life with a well thought out letter and documentation. If they think you have a legitimate complaint they will help you.
Not sure I agree with you on this point Dave. I have read many responses regarding warranty issues with Heartland that would appear to have been very helpful to the original poster.

Theresau

Asking a very dumb question here but just in case...was the seal in the toilet sitting right OR was it even there... When we first began using our new BC we noted some leaking by the toilet and it turned out to be that the toilet was missing the seal. This was a dealer issue because they replaced the toilet during our PDI.

dave10a

Interesting coment. What came first? The loyalty or the customer service.

Seems to me you can't have one without the other.
You are right about customer service being important, but I would dare say most builders are the same when it comes to customer service. So why is brand loyalty important to the buyer? I think it is more a ego trip than critical reasoning.

kowAlski631

You are right about customer service being important, but I would dare say most builders are the same when it comes to customer service. So why is brand loyalty important to the buyer? I think it is more a ego trip than critical reasoning.

Not sure why you would believe ego comes into play when you are pleased with a specific brand, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. As for customer service being the same, you are incorrect. Having been in customer service for many years, I can assure you that the responses we have personally received from Heartland have exceeded even my expectations.

Martha

jpdoggett

Not sure why you would believe ego comes into play when you are pleased with a specific brand, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. As for customer service being the same, you are incorrect. Having been in customer service for many years, I can assure you that the responses we have personally received from Heartland have exceeded even my expectations.

Martha
I have had three other campers and one after three years they paid to fix a problem that was their fault and I didn't have to pay $90,000.00 for it ether