2011BH 3385RL Bedroom A/C vibration

mldeakins

When the A/C compressor kicks on the roof starts vibrating and makes an annoying noise. This noise seems to be the loudest in one corner of the bedroom next to the outside wall. Could something be loose in the ceiling were roof and wall connect.

jimtoo

Hi mideakins,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would get your dealer involved in this as soon as possible. Probably not anything loose in the ceiling or roof, but maybe something in the A/C, like dobber nest, or something like that. The sound will travel and fool you, but don't take any chances, call your dealer and have them check it out.

Enjoy the forum and your new BigHorn.

Jim M

RoadJunkie

Our bedroom A/C is pretty noisy as well, but I don't have any unusual vibrations. I did take my cover off and found a square ducting sleeve was not quite connecting the fan plenum to the base distribution area. It's possible this sort of loose connection could be vibrating. I've always thought it was interesting that I could barely hear the A/C from the outside, but when I'm trying to sleep it sounds like a 767 taking off. Good luck and try checking under the cover.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For some reason dirt daubers love to make their nest on the fan blades. This makes the fan extra noisy. That is the first thing I would check.

K

karykatz

I would recommend scheduling an appoitment with your dealer and have them check this out.

mldeakins

I appreciate all of the replies and I've had it at the service center for the past few days. They replaced the A/C unit without any improvement in vibration and they seem to be baffled at the problem. They said they were going to send a Video/Audio file to Heartland for them to review.

GETnBYE

We had a dirt dauber nest in our LR air, it caused a huge vibration. Might be just an easy fix of taking off the cover and looking for a mud nest.
Good luck,
ANita

Louba

Is it possible that it's the closet doors that are making the noise? I know mine rattle all the time unless they are closed and latched.

Lou

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My bedroom A/C vibrates and rumbles as well, to the point where I try not to run it at night when sleeping.

I just chalked it up to being the "nature of the beast". Does this sound like a reasonable sound level? Thank you.

I just noticed someone has resurrected this thread after a year.

Last edited: