2012 3585rl

We saw our camper for the first time yesterday. Did the PDI walk around. Some small issues to take care of before using it but the camper looks great. MY ? is has anybody tried swapping the couch and 2 recliners around. It was an afterthought when we left. I realized it might be an issue when moving the slides in but will it fit otherwise? Thanks

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
That is the only thing we would change in our 3670. When we are staying in one place more than a couple days we do swap the couch and recliners and find it much more user friendly. Oh, by the way congratulations on your new coach.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I swap the furniture around in our 3585rl when we are going to be parked somewhere for a while. I use those plastic glides under the legs of the couch for ease of moving. I remove the front ones for travel.
For the recliners I get on my hands and knees and wrestle them around from the bottom. Easier than trying to move them from the standing position.
Someone on the forum attached small plastic glides to the bottom of the recliner pedestal. That would make those easier to move as well.

Peace
Dave

herefishy

Why don't they make a couch that fits in the back so you don't have to switch things around, and don't have to wrestle the chairs when you put the slides in? They make the furniture, don't they?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Big Horn. We have ordered a new Big Country and double checked the dealer's floor model to also see if the sofa can be moved. Guess what - it can't stay on the back wall when it's time to travel cuz the sofa is about 4" to big. The slide can't close because it will hit the sofa. Anywhoo - enjoy and travel safely.

K

karykatz

We offer an 82" residential sofa in the Landmark San Antonio and Key Largo. This sofa is in the rear and does not have to be moved for travel.

I hope this helps.

Arly

We offer an 82" residential sofa in the Landmark San Antonio and Key Largo. This sofa is in the rear and does not have to be moved for travel.

I hope this helps.

Will the same couch fit in the Bighorn 3185rl rear?...If so can I have it substituted in my unit that is being manufactured right now? :D

Thx Arly

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Will the same couch fit in the Bighorn 3185rl rear?...If so can I have it substituted in my unit that is being manufactured right now? :D

Thx Arly

The reason the couch doesn't need to be moved in the Landmark San Antonio and Key Largo, is the tail of the unit is deeper...in the Bighorn you still would not be able to bring the slides in with the 82" couch in back...and then it would not fit lengthwise next to the dinette...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Why don't they make a couch that fits in the back so you don't have to switch things around, and don't have to wrestle the chairs when you put the slides in? They make the furniture, don't they?

No...furniture is purchased from an outside vendor...usually Flair Industries for the couches, recliners, etc...