2012 Cyclone 3010 Constant Problems

HarleyMxr

Checking to see if others are having problems also. I purchased a new 2012 3010 Last summer and I have yet to take it out without having an issue. Water leak in kitchen sink, generator tripping, Ac not getting cold, heater not shutting off, toy door there is a large air gap at top, trim falling off, back splash falling down, rough texture on toy door is coming off. The list really goes on.
I bought this thinking it was an above average trailer. But Im not kidding, We have never taken it out for a weekend without an issue. I went to leave my wife and daughter at lake this summer and had to turn around when I was 30 miles away because generator tripped and AC wouldnt work. Thanksgiving weekend It blew the water pump fuse again, and water was all over floor from leak in kitchen. They have worked on faucet leak 3 times, now the cabinets have gotten soaked. My 64 year old dad almost busted his but when he got up to use bathroom.
Im very frustrated did I get a lemon, or all cyclones like this.

Tool958

You must have gotten a lemon. We've got the same coach. Haven't used it a bunch yet, but so far, knock on wood, we've only had one issue. The vent in the garage won't work right on the thermostat. Had to pull the fuse to get it to stop trying to run. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. We have used everything on it including the generator with no problems. To us it's the best camper we've ever owned. As someone said in another thread, we had problems with all of the other ones we owned. Sounds like part of the problem is the dealer. They should be able to resolve the problems you're having or at least get the people involved that can help you.

TwoGypsies

I would be sure that each and every problem you have is reported to your Heartland Service Rep, before your warranty period expires. We had several problems with ours but they have supported every needed repair that we have reported to them. We've had great success working directly with Heartland.

rustyshakelford

I know how frustrating a lemon is because my dodge is one. However, my cyclone has been great. We have had a couple small issue but nothing like you! We did have an a/c issue where it gave an error code and wouldn't cool while our dogs were inside and it was 100 out! Heartland and your local dealer should get you taken care of. Good luck!

Brett

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I would do is contact Heartland to be sure these issues have been documented. If the dealer drags his feet on the repairs and you warranty expires this will be important.
A couple of things caught my attention. If you are trying to cool a Cyclone with one AC unit in the summer in Texas, it aint gonna happen. I would recommend two units.
When you run the heater and it doesn't turn off, does it keep pumping hot air as well as the fan running? Burner and fan on?
Sometimes I question the work of some dealers. Have you looked into the water leak? Many people regularly check for loose fittings. They do happen.
I know these problems are frustrating, but continue to work with Heartland and your dealer for resolution.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

HarleyMxr

Yes I have 2 AC units. Im not new to trailers I race every other weekend 8 months out of the year. I also get a error message from the thermostat that means its to HOT to turn on the AC. Crazy the irony of its too hot so you cant use the ac. Dealer told me that was normal and no fix. So the only way to get the ac to come on is too cool the thermostat down, so catch 22 on that one. So I have to cool the thermostat before I can cool trailer. Sorry for being blunt but thats stupid. They fixed the heater it would blow air out of roof vents and floor vents at same time and only bottom has heat. The water leak I will say to me was a dealer fix issue, or heartland just not letting them replace faucet, on third try I told them to replace it and when I picked it up and went out the same weekend it leaked so bad it the wood soaked up the water.

I know how frustrating a lemon is because my dodge is one. However, my cyclone has been great. We have had a couple small issue but nothing like you! We did have an a/c issue where it gave an error code and wouldn't cool while our dogs were inside and it was 100 out! Heartland and your local dealer should get you taken care of. Good luck!

Brett

Vtxkid

HarleyMxr, sorry to hear about your problems but it sure does sound like you dealer isn't helping the effort at all! Look else where for another dealer if possible. We have had our 3010 for a year and a half now with only a couple of minor issues. Otherwise, its doing great.

Bosty

My 2012 Cyclone 3010 is the best toy hauler of the 4 I have owned. I did have the same problem with the heater you describe. The problem was that the fan was not set to Auto. To do this press the fan button on the thermostat until the readout says "AUTO". Once that is done the unit will cycle. Documentation is poor so I had to contact the dealer to find this out. Mine works perfectly now.

Bikeon

We had some issues with our 2011 Cyclone, most of them being sloppy workmanship at the factory. However, we are now on our third Shurflo Smart Sensor Pump. Not sure what you have in your 2012. The original pump leaked on our first night out, soaking the floor and filling our floor vents with water. Then came the fuses blowing again and again with pump #1 and the same thing happened with replacement pump #2. Eventually both stopped working altogether. The advice given from Heartland with replacement pump#3, "Just turn it on when you want to run the water...and then turn it off right away." Not exactly a convenient option. Since then, we've been in a park for the winter and on city water, but will be hitting the road soon...with a back-up pump that is NOT another Smart Sensor! Beyond that and the cosmetic issues, we love our Cyclone.

TwoGypsies

Hey Bikeon, with respect to ShurFlo wter pumps, I found this on another thread:

"... I ordered a SHURflo Revolution 4008 Pump after reading where others had used this new pump. It was less than $80 shipped. It has rubber feet and when running is very quit. The pump has plenty of water pressure also. I think this is the best replacement anyone could use."

The individual had several problems with the same pump you have prior to changing to this one. Hope it helps.

NancyK

We just bought a used 2012 Cyclone and have only had it out twice. We have had two water leaks under the unit, had to replace the water pump and now the fuel station blows a fuse everytime we try to use it. Unfortunately, it is not under warranty. We've had several rv's but never had problems like we are experiencing like this one.