2012 sundance 3200 where to place tv in bedroom

Tundra2084

We purchased our Sundance 3200 rear entertainment in June of 2013. It was a leftover model and did not come with a Tv in the living or bedroom which was not a problem. Now the problem is where can we mount a tv to the wall in the bedroom? Our unit does not have the cabinets over the window so no way to attach it there. I have been reading about heartland putting a piece of wood behind the walls for just such applications but not sure if ours comes with that already installed.
So my question is, has anyone else installed a wall mount tv to the bedroom wall over the window? If you have do you have pictures so I can see how it is installed and what to look for when attaching it to the wall. My only other option I think would be to attach it to the closet wall and then use a swing arm mount so it can be repositioned when in use and secured when traveling.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In my last Bighorn I mounted an articulating arm to a bedroom cabinet.
Sounds like it may have been similar to what you are proposing to do with the closet.
I had to add a build-up block to make the TV sit in the position I wanted.
I drilled a couple of holes through the cabinet and used fender washers on the inside.
I secured the TV for travel with a velcro fishing rod strap that I got at Cabela's.
Attached are a couple of pics that may helpful telling the story.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00378.JPG
    DSC00378.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00374.JPG
    DSC00374.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 44

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is our version. We attached to closet wall. We have a small shelf in the corner, but now we don't have to pack up the tv each time we move. Secured with straps during travel.
u5utu7ez.jpg
bybuga3u.jpg
e2ezu9ah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdamerell

Depends upon your floor plan, several 3200 models. I had a sticker on the wall in each bedroom that says "tv mount" (r something similar) to identify the location designed to support the tv.