2013 Ram Mega or Crew Cab?

emm4273610re

I would really like to see pictures when they arrive. I am talking with my local dealer and considering waiting for the factory air suspension. Would like to know how much your truck settles when hooked up. I have driven a 2013 and I thought it rode very nice with the spring suspension. I am more concerned with towing. I couldn't find a listing for air bags for the 2014's, part of why I was considering the factory option.

alex00

Alex00, I ordered a similar truck with a 3.73 rear end. It should arrive within the next 2 weeks. I think it should be a beast.
Is it bad that I keep "shopping" and looking at pictures of the interior? This is going to be a long eight weeks. I thought about going with the 3.73, but decided I really wanted the pull of the 4.10.

I would really like to see pictures when they arrive. I am talking with my local dealer and considering waiting for the factory air suspension. Would like to know how much your truck settles when hooked up. I have driven a 2013 and I thought it rode very nice with the spring suspension. I am more concerned with towing. I couldn't find a listing for air bags for the 2014's, part of why I was considering the factory option.
I'll post up pictures as soon as I can. I too thought about waiting for the factory air. I was enticed by the promise of a soft empty ride. Al (Desert Thumper) was very helpful in putting it all into perspective. First, the factory air won't be built until April at the earliest, so that means a June or July delivery. 2014s shut down in July, and the 2015s go online in August. Everything else I wanted is available now, and there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives to the factory air. My biggest fear was waiting for the cost to be released, sometime in March, and realizing it was too expensive. That would make my wait for not. At least if the factory air comes out, at a reasonable price, and is awesome I will have a brand new truck to help drown my sorrows. :)

With the aftermarket setup I can tailor the pump, tank and switches to allow for tire filling, horns and what not without tapping into the factory, computer controlled, warranted closed system. I think this is all a long way of saying I got impatient and really wanted a new truck, right now.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Alex, Congrats on the order. I too am looking at the 3500. Some good deals on 2013's out there, but I'll wait till latter part of "14 to order maybe a 2015. Looking forward to your pictures. We are up in Reno. Maybe we'll see you some time camping or at a rally.

alex00

Alex, Congrats on the order. I too am looking at the 3500. Some good deals on 2013's out there, but I'll wait till latter part of "14 to order maybe a 2015. Looking forward to your pictures. We are up in Reno. Maybe we'll see you some time camping or at a rally.
Thank you! I'm just over the hill in Auburn. I tossed around trying to find a deal on a '13, but ran into problems finding exactly what I wanted. Everything was a matter of settling on options I didn't want, or not getting something I wanted. The big one was a 4.10 diff. Very few dealer stock trucks I've seen had a 4.10. I'm getting a smokin deal, and get exactly the truck I want. Now it just needs to hurry up and get built.

DesertThumper

Is it bad that I keep "shopping" and looking at pictures of the interior? This is going to be a long eight weeks. I thought about going with the 3.73, but decided I really wanted the pull of the 4.10.

I'll post up pictures as soon as I can. I too thought about waiting for the factory air. I was enticed by the promise of a soft empty ride. Al (Desert Thumper) was very helpful in putting it all into perspective. First, the factory air won't be built until April at the earliest, so that means a June or July delivery. 2014s shut down in July, and the 2015s go online in August. Everything else I wanted is available now, and there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives to the factory air. My biggest fear was waiting for the cost to be released, sometime in March, and realizing it was too expensive. That would make my wait for not. At least if the factory air comes out, at a reasonable price, and is awesome I will have a brand new truck to help drown my sorrows. :)

With the aftermarket setup I can tailor the pump, tank and switches to allow for tire filling, horns and what not without tapping into the factory, computer controlled, warranted closed system. I think this is all a long way of saying I got impatient and really wanted a new truck, right now.

Congrats Alex!!! Finally your time has arrived. The Main Boss says go!!! J/K. I'm glad I was able to suggest and assist with your questions. It was a pleasure to post the necessary resources to help you make a final decision for you and your family. I just past it forward because I was in similar situations like yours previously. But it works out and the members here I find very helpful. Glad to have met you and maybe sometime next year, we can setup some camp trips. BTW, the Firestone kit for 2013 is the same you will use for the 2014. It is the Ride Rite Model 2560. When I asked Nick from Chrysler about the chassis being any different from a 2013 to 2014, he said nope. There you go. Take Care and Merry Christmas!!!

alex00

Al, your advice and assistance has been very helpful. I think it's funny that our truck, trailer and even KTM motorcycle choices are very similar. It's like standing on the shoulders of giants, as they say. It's good to know that the frames haven't changed between the trucks so that I can use the same airbag kit. I'm still debating on the ARB compressor, my Jeep might not be too happy if I put such a top of the line compressor in the pickup truck LOL.

alex00

So close I can smell it

The dealer let me know my truck was at the rail yard, getting offloaded and prepped for truck shipment to the dealer. He is really hoping we can get it delivered by Friday, but none of us are holding our breath. It's funny how much I've missed having a truck for the last month.