2014 425RW

STEVEMOAT

HI everyone,

I have a 2014 Heartland Roadwarrior 425. I'm having an electrical issue. The fridge, whilst it has power will not stay on AC, and starts beeping a few seconds after the AC mode has been selected and a few of my sockets are not working in the kitchen area. Other areas of the 5th wheel are not affected. None of the breakers have tripped, but I feel that there is a problem with one of the items on the electrical circuit itself. Alas I am unable to identify the different circuit's loads. The owners manual I have doesn't show which circuits have what on them. Does anyone have an electrical circuit diagram for this model? I feel sure that with the correct circuit diagram I would be able to isolate my problem and and find the item that is causing this. Please help....thanks!

Dahillbilly

if the fridge is in a slide out & the oulets(non-working) are also in the slide out; check under the slide for a junction box for loose connection.

STEVEMOAT

Thanks Robert, I'll check the junction box for sure, one of the outlets is in the island, but it may well be fed from that line. Cheers

david-steph2018

Stevemoat, is the fridge residential or RV model? On our 2018 Road Warrior our kitchen outlets are daisy chained with the GFCI in the bathroom. If the GFCI is not tripped, it could be a bad connection in one of the outlets.

wdk450

All outside outlets by electrical code need to be GFCI protected (considered a "wet" location).

STEVEMOAT

Thanks for the advice everyone. Everything working except the fridge. It does work when switched to propane, but electrically, only the internal light works, but won't power up to start cooling on AC

wdk450

There are fuses on the refrigerator logic controller board that could be blown. 1 of the fuses is for the 110 volt AC boiler heater elements. This seems to match what you are experiencing.
You asked for a circuit board diagram for "this model" but did not state the refrigerator brand (Dometic or Norcold?), or model number.

There are manuals and diagrams for the refrigerators in our forum library here:
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=/Appliances/Refrigerator

On edit: Fuse is the most likely cause, but open heater element(s), bad boiler heater connection or wiring, or a bad circuit board could cause this, too

Last edited:

STEVEMOAT

There are fuses on the refrigerator logic controller board that could be blown. 1 of the fuses is for the 110 volt AC boiler heater elements. This seems to match what you are experiencing.
You asked for a circuit board diagram for "this model" but did not state the refrigerator brand (Dometic or Norcold?), or model number.

There are manuals and diagrams for the refrigerators in our forum library here:
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=/Appliances/Refrigerator

On edit: Fuse is the most likely cause, but open heater element(s), bad boiler heater connection or wiring, or a bad circuit board could cause this, too
Thanks for this, yes it does sound like it. Appreciate your assistance!