2014 Cyclone 4000 End of the season... and well not very impressed.

sbuckman

Well.. we are still waiting for word on the camper... if it is going to be able to be repaired locally or if it will have to go back to Heartland.

danemayer

Well.. we are still waiting for word on the camper... if it is going to be able to be repaired locally or if it will have to go back to Heartland.
Who are you waiting to hear from and why are you waiting so long to get a response?

sbuckman

Who are you waiting to hear from and why are you waiting so long to get a response?

The camper is at the dealership and they are waiting for the factory to determine if the unit will be shipped back to the factory for repairs or if Heartland wants the repairs done at the dealers location.

danemayer

The camper is at the dealership and they are waiting for the factory to determine if the unit will be shipped back to the factory for repairs or if Heartland wants the repairs done at the dealers location.

A lot of people have had experiences where they wait for the dealer to contact Heartland about something and wait and wait and wait. Then after months they call Heartland and find out the dealer never called. Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them if the dealer has called. Then, if the ball is in Heartland's court, ask for a timeframe for a decision.

sbuckman

I know I have seen that in the past as well. However the dealership pulled up all the email conversations that have been going back and forth.

gpshemi

We've had really good luck with Heartland support, and we love our 3612, but with that said, I've said in recent years that I think Cyclone has lost bounce in it's step. When it first introduced it was the King of toyhaulers. It was the high end toyhauler no one else bothered to make. The Landmark of toyhaulers if you will. Since then, optioned out Road Warriors and SOBs have muddied the field. Cyclone's position in the marketplace isn't as clear as it once was. It's originality and quality haven't kept up, and sadly it's starting to show honestly. There's alot of good toyhaulers out now and sales are good these days. The pressure is on and only Heartland can decide to keep Cyclone on top of the pack.

sbuckman

UNBELIEVABLE... still waiting to find out what the **** will be done. We finally asked our dealer since there are sooooo many things wrong with this unit what if we just traded it back into you and got a different unit? The figures they threw back at us was a $10,000 loss on our unit and with the 'price increases' on the new unit we would also have to pay an ADDITIONAL $21,500.00. anyone else got a WTF in their head???

danemayer

UNBELIEVABLE... still waiting to find out what the **** will be done. We finally asked our dealer since there are sooooo many things wrong with this unit what if we just traded it back into you and got a different unit? The figures they threw back at us was a $10,000 loss on our unit and with the 'price increases' on the new unit we would also have to pay an ADDITIONAL $21,500.00. anyone else got a WTF in their head???
Seems like this is way more mysterious than it needs to be. The email trail doesn't seem to be helping you very much.

Why don't you pick up the phone and ask Heartland directly? That's what most people do. Stay on hold until the customer service rep picks up - don't leave a message.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

If you're waiting for an answer of where the trailer will be repaired, and they don't have the answer right at hand, ask who's making the decision and when it will be decided.

sbuckman

Did just that yesterday and within 45 minutes it was all wrapped up with the releases sent to me for the unit to be sent back to the factory for repair.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, SOOOO.....what was the holdup on getting an answer on the repairs to be done and where??

sbuckman

Dave, SOOOO.....what was the holdup on getting an answer on the repairs to be done and where??

IT is all pushed through now just doing paperwork and have to unload all personal belongings in the camper and then she heads back to the factory for repairs.

sbuckman

Well... we had to take EVERYTHING out of the unit as she is going back to be worked on. OMG! 24 storage tubs later and it is pretty much all packed away. Not sure when they will pick up the camper or how long it will take for it to be fixed... guess we will see. NOW I have to figure out where the HECK I am going to put all this stuff while I wait! Right now it is stuffed into 2 pickups as we have not one iota of storage space anywhere!!!!

I am with you as well. The Jury is still out. My 2014 3110 has spent a month now in total at the dealer. List of things to fix is too long to mention here. Dealer says the condition of the rig should be "New" when it is returned to me but I have my doubts. Very concerning. We shall see. Best of luck to you.

sbuckman

Well, overall we took ours into the local dealer October 7 and from there it has gone back to the factory. I am sure I will hear soon from Heartland on the status of the unit. Heartland is very very good with communication and I am sure they are doing an excellent job. Will give updates as they are available.