2014 elkridge landing gear issue

beck-mark

landing gear had been working fine as of last month with both remote fob and rocker switch on side of camper until last trip we took. this week the rocker switch would not raise or lower at all no sound of trying but worked fine with the remote fob. my first thought is switch is bad since fob is working, but have not had time to try and trouble shoot. any one else have similar experience or where I should start looking for problem. Thanks to all that respond.

Power247

Sounds like you as on the right path. If remote works then there is good power to the motor. Check for voltage at the switch. If good there then look for a loose or broken connector or wire either on the switch or the motor itself.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

danemayer

Before you start working on the switches, use your phone to take a picture that clearly shows where each wire goes.

If you have rear stabilizers operated by a switch, you should be able to use that switch as a temporary replacement and to see if a new switch fixes the problem. If there's a nearby RV dealership, their parts dep't may have one.

But take a picture of the wires at each switch before disconnecting wires. You'll never remember the wiring without a picture.

beck-mark

Thanks for the replies. and thanks for the tip danemayer, the phone is a great idea I usually draw myself a picture on stuff like that.

beck-mark

well got around to checking it out this week. pulled the switch and had no power so started tracing the bundle of wires back and found a inline 30 amp fuse. wasn't sure if I was on right wires or not but pulled fuse and sure enough it was blown. replaced and front landing gear worked. haven't looked at a wiring diagram but kinda baffled at why they would work with fob and not switch because of blown fuse.