2014 Trailrunner bunkhouse - Heater issue

RWizinsky

Hi all,
I am trying to figure out how to remove or access the circuit on the furnace heater. It appears the sail switch is malfunctioning or something is blocking it. There is not an outside access panel. Has anyone accessed this before?

Attachments

• DSC_0421[1].jpg
    DSC_0421[1].jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20

danemayer

You should be able to get to it from the outside. Remove the outside furnace cover and you'll see a black shroud that covers the blower. I think there's one or two screws holding the cover. The sail switch is inside.

danemayer

Looks like there's just a vent on your exterior. I guess you'll have to take the vent cover off and rotate the furnace to get to the blower.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
In the first picture I do not see any ducts connected to the furnace. That would be a reason for the furnace not working properly.

RWizinsky

Yes, it goes thru the floor. I'm leaning towards bad switch.the unit was working great in December camping and started acting up intermittently in January. Then finally stopped working in February.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm guessing you are out of Heartland's one year manufacturers warranty, but you may still be under the warranty of the furnace manufacturer.

Contact them . . . they may get you fixed up!