2015 4200 Rear ramp door

jam20ster

I think I may have a solution to the water problem with these doors. I purchased a Herculiner kit which is a DIY roll on bed liner paint. Kit sells at Lowes or Home Depot for $69 and comes with a scuff pad, 2 rollers, and 1 gallon of bed liner paint. This should seal any cracks or seams where brackets, bolts, and/or edges come together. I cant think of any reason why this would not work or have any negative consequences. I will post pics once completed this week (weather permitting).

IronJ

I think I may have a solution to the water problem with these doors. I purchased a Herculiner kit which is a DIY roll on bed liner paint. Kit sells at Lowes or Home Depot for $69 and comes with a scuff pad, 2 rollers, and 1 gallon of bed liner paint. This should seal any cracks or seams where brackets, bolts, and/or edges come together. I cant think of any reason why this would not work or have any negative consequences. I will post pics once completed this week (weather permitting).

cool...cant wait to see the end results...I will be finally getting my RW back next week with new door and all...so well see if its any different than the first one...probably not...

I'm definantly gonna talk the caulk to it asap if it hasn't been..

along the lines of your idea, I also thought of using flex-seal on the joints/hardware....

gotta do SOMETHING about these doors.....my warranty is about out so its on me from now on....

LBR

A similar covering is on my list when we get our new TH..,.planning on a neutral tailgate color, maybe light gray, that won't show too much foot and tire traffic while oozing into all the unsealed crevices.

jam20ster

along the lines of your idea, I also thought of using flex-seal on the joints/hardware....

I also thought of the flex seal. My only concern with flex seal is applying it evenly.

I'm going to cover the entire patio door and then put outdoor carpet on top. This way i would not have to worry about the heat from the black paint. We use our patio mostly for our dogs to hangout, feed and water.