2015 Big Country 3800FL Bedroom AC Question

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
The bedroom AC does not seem to be blowing very hard at all in our new 3800FL. The living room AC blows cold and great, especially when we flip the switch for it to only blow in the living room. I am a shift worker and need the bedroom to stay cool while I am sleeping. I know that the duct work is limited due to space, but is there something I may be doing wrong? I can feel cool air blowing from the ducts in the bedroom, but just not very hard. It takes it a while to cool down in there. Any suggestions? The unit seems to be working fine, just not sure if that is normal? Thanks!

Mark

EDIT: One thing I need to go and check on the rear AC unit is the fan setting/speed. Still, if anyone has had this issue please chime in. Thx.

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
The heating and cooling guide resource that I found on the site looks like it may help me out a lot. I will check it out.

truckmen

We too, have similar issues with our bedroom A/C on our 2015 3900 FLP. Will also read up on why is is this way. Just does not seem right.

Ralph

truckmen

Hello again, TxPatriot,

After some investigation and looking around at my system here, I am thinking seemingly-low output is normal since when only the bedroom A/C is working, it is supplying air to all 13 vents throughout the 5th wheel; I can feel air coming out of all the vents all the way up to the front livingroom albeit very slowly. Considering the many vents, I am guessing that the rear (bedroom) A/C system is doing it's job.

Last edited:

LaRae

We are going to replace the over the bed return vent with the Dometic quick cool in our BC 3900FLP.
We noticed one bedroom vent works well and the other three don't.
On a side note, I think it's odd that there isn't an A/C vent in the bathroom.