2015 Bighorn Full Body Paint

K

karykatz

Yes all full paints will have a two stage automotive paint process. Base coat and Clear coat. I hope this helps.

pday1213

Here are a couple pics of our new 2015 BigHorn 3270RS with the new Sterling silver full body paint. We love how the new color scheme came out, it will go great with our tuxedo black Ford F350

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

jbeletti

No paint on sides of slideouts?

Slide out end-walls (sides) are generally painted when full-body paint is optioned. It does look like those pictured have painted end-walls with the main body color.

What we don't do as it's very expensive, is continue painted striping from the main body, through the ends of the slide rooms. I'm talking about many thousands extra.

Kbvols

I love this color scheme. I seen a unit painted like this several weeks ago in a storage lot by the factory. It was a head turner. Now I want one...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Kary,

Great paint scheme's. The BigHorn looks really nice I like fullbody paint. New 365 Landmarks are minimizing there paint schemes and dont like it.

Jim

Oregon_Camper

We ordered our 3160 back in November...with full body paint and our arrival date is end of Jan. Wonder if the paint causes some of the delay.

Sooooo eager for it to arrive!! :cool:

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Kary,

Great paint scheme's. The BigHorn looks really nice I like fullbody paint. New 365 Landmarks are minimizing there paint schemes and dont like it.

Jim

I agree. It looks to me like Heartland is 'cheaping' the Landmark and elevating the Big Horn. They are going to lose Landmark customers to the Big Horn in MHO

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
The paint looks great but considering the cost I'd opt for IS/disc brakes and keep the decals.

GOTTOYS

The paint looks great but considering the cost I'd opt for IS/disc brakes and keep the decals.
So would I. That's a lot of money for something that will probably be out of style in not too many years. I think the Landmark 365 is much more tasteful with it's more minimalistic approach. Look at some of the paint jobs and color schemes that others have had over the years and how dated they look now...Don

sengli

Love the paint! I went to the factory and I saw some of the darker colored versions there in the lot next to the plant. They look great too. Its big bucks, but hey, its an option you either want or not. Best of luck with your beautiful new rig, when that ugly snow melts.

jbeletti

I agree. It looks to me like Heartland is 'cheaping' the Landmark and elevating the Big Horn. They are going to lose Landmark customers to the Big Horn in MHO

Ouch Jim.

LM365 and BH are both amazing products. There's been no cheapening on either product.

On the LM365 full-body paint option, the Diamond White base coat was specifically chosen by Tom to reflect versus absorb more sunlight/heat in the daytime to ease the AC demand. Then he accents that with at least 4 color choices in the balance of the paint scheme.

Is it different than what we've done before? Yes. Different than most full-body paint schemes offered by most other manufacturers? Probably. Here again, there was reasoning behind it.

This all said, and looking at the other replies in this thread, the paint is resonating with some and not with others. This will always be the case with decor choices, inside and out.

Will LM365 really lose unit sales to BH over full-body paint schemes? Maybe. But it's all in the family at that point :)

Jim - I've known you and Sheila for many years. Though the LM365 paint schemes are not your cup-of-tea, I am very pleased that you are pleased with the choice you made with your LM and that's what really matters.

sengli

I have looked at the new LM365's up close at a couple of dealers, and I think they are beautiful in side and out. I love the white, and black paint jobs. I really liked the interiors of the ashland, and newports we have seen. If anything I think the overall features are getting better, not cheapening out. I personally am not in the market for a coach that is 40 plus feet long. Now if they come up with some smaller units?