2015 Bighorn Full Body Paint

SLO

Looks like the Sterling full body paint has lost the ram head on front cap. I like the ram head.

AAdams

We like the new Sterling full body paint. Of the 2 rv's we've owned none has had full paint yet. We saw a front living Big Country at a RV show the other day and liked the floor plan enough that we started looking for another rv. We almost ruled out the Big Horn since it didn't have something that was gray paint. The Heartland website doesn't show the full paint in sterling yet, they may want to add it to the site, others may be like us and want to match the truck.

One question though about full body paint... Is it easier to keep from fading than the straight fiberglass with decals? To keep it polished would I use the same thing that I am using on the new truck, Mequiar's Ultimate synthetic polymer wax.

pday1213

Alan,
Here are teh pictures of the Big Horn Sterling full body paint that I received from Heartland sales rep. All the stripes are painted on, no decals. We only took ownership of our new Bighorn in late December and have not waxed it yet. I plan to use Nu-finish same as I use on the F350.
Sterling Full Body Paint #1.jpgSterling Full Body Paint #2.jpg

AAdams

Alan,
Here are teh pictures of the Big Horn Sterling full body paint that I received from Heartland sales rep. All the stripes are painted on, no decals. We only took ownership of our new Bighorn in late December and have not waxed it yet. I plan to use Nu-finish same as I use on the F350.
View attachment 34682View attachment 34683

Thank you for posting the pics. Is front behind the BH logo black, of a very dark brown/cappuccino? Either way, I think this is the color we will want, should go well with the truck in my signature. Guess it is time to talk to a few dealers and see what they will give me on my '15 RW390RT. I have a feeling I am going to take a beating on the trade.

AAdams

is the Bighorn name on the front of the Sterling pant job a decal?

There are no decals, everything is paint. Here are pictures of a 3750FL from all sides. The base coat (lighter silver) will change to white depending on the light, kinda cool IMO.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Alan

Attachments

• DoorSide.jpg
    DoorSide.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 315
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 309
  • OffDoorSide.jpg
    OffDoorSide.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 310
  • RearBH.jpg
    RearBH.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 309

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Guess they took the Ram head off because their thinking is that its too much like the Landmark 365 lions head. I see a big difference between the two but I'm not getting paid the big bucks.

Oregon_Camper

That Sterling paint is nice. Do you like the fact the Ram Horns are gone? I like mine and not sure I'd want them gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

It doesn't bother me. Makes it kind of unique.

Alan...I was showing my wife the front cap without the Ram's head and she liked it..go figure.

While looking at your pictures, I noticed your ladder is still the default length. I had mine reduced, to level with the bumper. I used an independent service guy here in Oregon, and he said he has done numerous repairs (very expensive) to repair the back of the RV once the ladder hits the pavement, as you enter/leave a location with a steep in/out. He said the damage will impact the entire contact points where the ladder is attached to the trailer. He converted mine for $25....cheap insurance if you ask me. I can post a picture if that help...just ask.

AAdams

I was noticing that the other day. We only picked up our unit May 5th so haven't done much more than install a EMS, fix a couple pieces of molding, wash and wax the entire rig, install a new kitchen faucet we liked better, and new strainers for the kitchen ( I never liked plastic ones ). I know there are going to be many more mods that I have to do. I saw on another post a ladder that was modified to flip up, thought that was kinda neat.

violinini1

Check out the full body paint option for Bighorn!

View attachment 31357
I will be purchasing a 2016 Big Horn in December, I am seriously considering the full paint option on the 3760EL. Do you have pictures of the full body paint options for 2016 models? Will they still have the Big Horn Horn's on the front. I really like that since I have a RAM Laramie Big Horn Truck. Thank you, Don Allen, New member.

AAdams

I will be purchasing a 2016 Big Horn in December, I am seriously considering the full paint option on the 3760EL. Do you have pictures of the full body paint options for 2016 models? Will they still have the Big Horn Horn's on the front. I really like that since I have a RAM Laramie Big Horn Truck. Thank you, Don Allen, New member.

We have the Sterling FB paint shown in post 46 above on a '16 BH 3750FL. It does NOT have the bighorn on the front. Note on the Sterling, the light silver (the base coat ) will appear white sometimes depending on the light. As far as the dark brown FB paint I can not answer since Heartland has taken that off the web site. Maybe someone with one can answer for you.