2015 CY3010 - Kitchen Sink

TX_Clay

WTH - Kitchen sink has dropped from one end on the cabinet. Found one of the kitchen covers slipped under the counter top. Closer inspection shows me that the sink is glued to the underside of the counter top. NO FASTNERS - just silicone. REALLY? The top drawer is a short draw that is attached directly to the rails. So I will have to remove the screws to get it out of the way. Half wall in the space as well.
Trying to figure out how to fix this. I guess I could clean the lips and re-silicone the sink to the countertop. Would much rather shoot fasteners, but not sure of the thickness of the countertop.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Clay,

Sounds like the sink installer forgot to put in the supports. I'm sure Heartland would either send you some, or pay for your dealer to fix it under warranty. But the quickest thing might be to pick up a few brackets from your local hardware store and do it yourself.

I've attached a picture of the underside of a bathroom sink showing the support brackets.

Attachments

• DSC04477.jpg
    DSC04477.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 47

TX_Clay

Yeah for me, I am sure it is much easier to put the brackets on before the sink and counter top is set than it is for me to come up from underneath to set them after the counter top was installed. QC inspection should have caught this before it was installed.

TX_Clay

Heartland just informed me that they DO NOT put brackets to hold the sink. It is held in with adhesive. HOWEVER, they do have brackets available for just this issue.
Guess I will be trying to squeeze myself into small little places with my screw gun and a magnetic tip to see if I can insure this doesn't happen again.