2015- Cyclone 4200 Options Changed and Deleted !!!

I just picked up my 2015 Cyclone 4200 yesterday and there are options that are not present and options that are totally different than the model I was shown in the yard 3 weeks ago. The Heartland sight shows pictures that are incorrect and even the dealer has been scratching his head wondering what the heck is going on. First the easy ones; The front color matched hitch cover has been removed from future orders or at least that is what I was just told from Heartland reps. The residential fridge does not come as a side by side unit with a built in ice maker on the door - instead we received an LG top fridge side by side and a bottom freezer pull out drawer - NO ice maker on the door. The inside screen doors have been removed and the solid window on the main doors front and back are now equipped with very small screens. You can't leave the doors open anymore and you will be slamming the actual door constantly. There are no bar stools delivered with trailer as this is no longer a standard item. We were in constant contact with the Canadian Trailer Rep who told us that the trailer was built with 7000 lbs axles but trailer documentation shows 6000 lbs - no one really knows???? dealer can't figure out what it really has, the backsplash in the kitchen area was being extended across the counter area as a standard but was not done, HDMI was now the new standard verified to be in this trailer but didn't happen. I love the rep and I really can't blame him as he probably was told the same but has no control over production realities. We love the trailer but cannot understand how the Heartland website doesn't have real time updates and pictures, how the dealer himself in direct contact with the executives of heartland doesn't know exactly what he is being delivered. I haven't gone through the rest of the trailer because i'm so afraid there are a long list of items either deleted or changed. In the end I still bought the trailer and I understand that when your spending ONLY $****** USD for it, you can't really expect to get what you were promised or what was shown to you previously. The dealer went one step further to say that there are a long line of changes constantly on the go and really you roll the dice when you order your trailer because you won't know what your getting until its delivered. I'm not unhappy with the trailer but unhappy with the process of not knowing that these changes had either been done without informing the customer and not told by dealer that this is a standard nightmare that he has to deal with constantly.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wow! I know they reserve the right to make changes, I for one would be livid if I had received a unit without screen doors! The other things would be a shock but I understand suppliers change....no screen door for me is a deal breaker!

Cjackg

If you crawl underneath and find the mfg tag on the axles you can tell for certain whether they are 6000 or 7000lb... I would not accept the 6000lb axles!

jeffdee

If it was not built in accordance with what you ordered, refuse to take delivery. I am sure that will get their attention. It would not be inappropriate to refuse delivery if you are not satisfied with their product as it was represented to you at the time you made your order.

ketah777

I am so glad you shared this info. We just ordered a 4100 and I called the dealer to make sure we will get screen doors. At first he said of course we would not realizing Heartland had changed it. After talking with the rep he found out they really don't come with screen doors anymore. Crazy!! Anyway, that's a deal breaker for me. We're not even going through with the order if they won't include the screen doors. Glad I read this and found out before it came in!

ketah777

No more screen doors?

Can someone please tell me why Heartland is no longer including screen doors on the Cyclone? From what I hear the main doors now only have a little screen in the window which means you have to leave the door closed all the time. I don't know if this would bother anyone else, but it's a deal breaker for me. I love to have the door open when the weather is nice, but need the screen to keep the bugs out. We were in the process of ordering a 4100, but can't do it if they won't include screen doors.

donr827

Re: No more screen doors?

Might call the Brand Manager at HL. He would be up to date on any changes,..........Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Most of the time RV salesmen are clueless. Call HL and ask for A J Jones. He will tell you what you want to know. Also ask about other options that be can ordered that may not be on the buildsheet/options your dealer has. BTW, make sure you order the Goodyear G614 tires.

jbeletti

I've asked the factory to weigh in on this thread so the facts and reasoning behind any changes can be given.

porthole

Retired

Most of the time RV salesmen are clueless. Call HL and ask for A J Jones. He will tell you what you want to know.

Call who?

:39 of this video - makes me ask the question - what are they thinking. Was looking forward to seeing this floor plan when it was announced at Hershey.

ketah777

Thanks for sharing the video. It helps to see what this looks like. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I still would prefer a real screen door, but this looks like the opening is bigger than what I was thinking. I hope when the factory weighs in on this discussion, they will show some pictures of what it looks like as it's a little hard to see it clearly in the video.

Snaredrum

I took delivery on a 2015 4100 King 3 weeks ago and it didnt have screen doors. I ask them about it and was told they didnt have them any more. I pulled the unit home and backed in the driveway. The first thing I did was open the screen window in the door and the rest of the windows. After about 45 minutes with the football game on sitting on my new nice seats, I was asleep. Nice breeze was blowing through. I didnt like the fact that it didnt have them but now its not a big deal. The bar stools were not included in mine and I told the dealer that they must include them then. They should be here any day.

Darby34

I heard they quit putting the hitch covers on because they crack easy and just cheap plastic. As for the screen doors I was told that they had opted to go with a screen window in the main door as opposed to the screen door, because the screen doors and the campers are costing more money in adjustments after delivery and it was cheaper to go to a camper door with a screen window in it. If that's the case that is fine with me. Id rather not have to return my camper to get my screen door adjusted.

Darby34

Most of the time RV salesmen are clueless. Call HL and ask for A J Jones. He will tell you what you want to know. Also ask about other options that be can ordered that may not be on the buildsheet/options your dealer has. BTW, make sure you order the Goodyear G614 tires.

These tires are generally cheaper through a tire store then Heartland