2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Will this include offers to get the level up system installed while at the rally?

Dean and Jodi,

For this rally, I ask Lippert to give me some specials to pass along. They've always come through. LevelUp is always on the list. It isn't done "at" the rally though. I usually ask them to make the special good for some period prior to and following the rally. In that way, attendees are able to get the work done before or after the rally and not interupt their rally fun.

jbeletti

Having never been at a rally before...

I assume there will be a lot of vendors with good deals at the rally, so it I was planning on buying something like a good bed (Sleep Number or Denver), or solar panels should I wait for the rally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Byrd gave you good info. Lippert will have their Denver Mattress too. I think Camping World has an exclusive on the RV version of the Sleep Number bed, so this won't be there.

szewczyk_john

How does one go about scheduling repair work at the rally? What are the costs? When I made it to the 2011 Goshen rally, I was a newbie and had no idea how or what to expect at a rally. With all the posts on here about people attending their first rally, it would be a good idea to explain this to the members.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
When Jim B has all of his ducks in a row he'll announce when it's time to sign up to have repair work done.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The repair work done at the rally by the HL factory techs is typically minor repair, free, and limited to two different items per rig. Basically "field repairs," like replacing wheel trim, broken FlexGuard strips, and some minor interior work. When Jim B puts up the forms, you fill in what you need fixed and they will try to accommodate it and bring the parts or return with them. A good deal, for sure.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Stressing again "minor repairs" are done at the Rally. We had our fridge drain replaced, and a cracking decal replaced.

To address other posts about needing other repairs, I think you would contact Heartland to see what they are able to do. Someone who has had larger repairs done before or after the rally can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Last time in Goshen, if I recall correctly, one of Jim B.'s rally team volunteers screened the requests to evaluate whether they fit into what could be done by Heartland at the rally.

jbeletti

How does one go about scheduling repair work at the rally? What are the costs? When I made it to the 2011 Goshen rally, I was a newbie and had no idea how or what to expect at a rally. With all the posts on here about people attending their first rally, it would be a good idea to explain this to the members.

John - great question and you've received a lot of great answers so far.

Generally, here's how it works:

1. An email will be sent out to all registered rally attendees around the beginning of April. That email will include a link to a service request form
  2. The form will ask you to submit 2 minor service request. It will also coach you as to what a minor service item is
  3. Your submission is stored in a database. A club member volunteer (Dave Yocum) will do the initial review of all submissions. Dave will interact with attendees as needed and he will work with Heartland to obtain approvals. Approvals will be communicated to the attendees. Anything that is declined will also be communicated and attendees will have a chance to submit something else to replace denied items
  4. Service work will be done at the campground on your site. As such, truly only minor items can be fixed. They won't be dropping any underbellies to work on anything below the floor (tanks, valves, plumbing). They won't replace doors/windows/appliances
  5. Approved minor service repairs are done at no cost as a thank you from Heartland

Hope this helps

szewczyk_john

that does help. I was completely new to heartland and this forum when we registered for the 2011 rally. We enjoyed it but I must have missed that email because I remember commenting that it would have been nice to know how to get that stuff done because I had no clue about that. I do my own repairs usually anyway.
Thanks for the replies.

jbeletti

John,

If you were at the 2011 Goshen Rally and missed hearing about the Minor Rally Service Work - then we did a poor job of letting you know about it. So sorry about that. Often times we have rally attendees who register after the cut-off date for submitting their service request. For those folks, we have a walk-up process where once they arrive and are all setup, they walk over to our service desk at the rally and sign up for work to be done on a time and materials available basis.

See you in June!

Chippendale

I am new to Heartland and while I have attended many rallies in my 8 years of RVing, I have never attended a "Pre Rally". Would someone please explain how a Pre Rally is different from the regular rally and do most attend it. I am thinking I would probably want to attend both, but would like to know what I would be getting myself into.

Thanks,
George

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi George. It seems that whenever there is a rally somewhere a bunch of people arrive early. Sometimes a week or more.
It's a good time to meet up with old friends and meet some new people pre rally time.
A time to explore the areas and get some R & R in.
More and more people decided that arriving early was a fun thing to do so the early arrival numbers grew.
Then it took on the name "Pre Rally Rally".
A couple of years ago Jim Beletti put a little more work on his plate and set up some voluntary events for us to partake in.
There are no seminars or vendors scheduled for this time period. Just come, hang out and do whatever.
Potlucks are known to pop up around the campground and are encouraged.
See you there.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Here's a link to the 2013 Pre-Rally Agenda. Also, you can visit the threads on this page to get a good idea of the scope of activity and offerings at the Pre-Rally and Rally.

Of course 2015 will have its own activities and offerings. But these will give you an idea of what to expect.

Chippendale

Thanks Dave and Dan: I now have a pretty good idea of what is involved in the "Pre-Rally". Guess I will start making plans to attend. looks like fun.

George

jbeletti

Goshen Rally Registration

Just a reminder for all who may be interested...

Registration for the 2015 North American Heartland Owners Rally is still on track to be opened on Saturday, February 21st. We're targeting 12:00 noon Central Time.

Extensive testing of the registration site and process took place yesterday wih a small team of dedicated testers. Live registrations will be made late this week by testers.

The Rally Portal is a place where all the rally documentation lives (LINK). Most of the rally articles on the portal have been updated to the 2015 rally. Some of the documents (Agenda, Seminars and more) are super rough and still liik mostly like 2014. I'm working on all of this and hope to have much of this buttoned up soon.

jbeletti

Ladies T-Shirts - woohoo!

Hey Ladies,

It looks like for the first time at this rally, you'll have the option to select a Ladies T or an Adult / Unisex T.

See this article on the Rally Portal to see the sizing guides.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: Ladies T-Shirts - woohoo!

What's up with this??

2psnapod1, you do not have permission to access this page. <---- That's the message I get when I try to link above for the Tshirts. :(

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

What's up with this??

2psnapod1, you do not have permission to access this page. <---- That's the message I get when I try to link above for the Tshirts. :(

Jim I also am not able to access this link. I know the last time I received a simular message it was because I am not the primary account with the forum which I'm sure alot of us fall under. Since most of us are a couple and have separate user names and passwords, is there a way on the forum to link two different user names together on an account? With this restriction I can not review a highlight news letter also unless I go under my husband user name as our club number is under his. I feel as a member with the club I should be able to have free access of the forum without having to go under my husband user name. If nothing can be done I understand but it is a bit frustating especially in this day and age of technology for those of us who are locked out of these links.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Remember, the rally is still a work in progress and the linked page may not yet be ready for prime time.
Oh, the ladies shirts look nice.

Colleen, we cannot combine users into one account, but may be able to allow access to the newsletter.
Let me check with the boss.

Peace
Dave