2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Duane - do you mean AALL Brite - the wash crew? I just received confirmation from them that they WILL work our rally.

AWESOME! Carpet cleaning and coach wash and wax! I'm pumped now! Let's get this rally started! Woohoo! :cool:

jbeletti

JB,

When I was in Elkhart last Spring ChargerRV was interested in being part of our Rally. They expressed interest in being solicited for our National Rally and may donate supplies or service. Have you ever heard of them and if you need there contact info I can find my business card from them. They are located in Elkhart and they did me a solid when I was in a predicament.

JM

Hi Jim - yep, I know Charger Enterprises. I need to wait and hear back from Service on a play with Tiara, our local dealer, before I consider inviting Charger. Stay tuned :)

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
OK, sounds good. I remembered there offer when reading post here. Staying tuned!

Marlene and I will not make this years rally in Goshen.
We have scheduled a 16 day Alaska Sea/Land trip and are saving our money to spend Up North.
We are preparing ourselves for the 2016 Rally wherever it may be, hopefully out West.
We will miss seeing everyone this year and hope everyone has a safe trip and great time in Goshen.
North To Alaska!
Hockster

jbeletti

Duane - yes, I'll get with Jim and Sean to see if they're okay with customers pre-ordering/pre-paying parts to be fulfilled "at the rally" for self-install.

Okay - first time I quoted myself :) I heard back from Service. Customer-pay parts orders must go through the normal process (call it in) and must be shipped or picked up. They mentioned that will organizing service parts for 250+ coaches for the rally already, they have their hands full and just aren't able to deliver other parts. Sorry.

asherwin

At what point are able to request our two service items, and what is the process to do so? Or did I miss something during the registration?

Thanks

jbeletti

At what point are able to request our two service items, and what is the process to do so? Or did I miss something during the registration?

Thanks

You missed this in your email confirmation. No worries though - here's the link:
//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=54

porthole

Retired
Hey Jim,

I understand that most of the service requests are at no or minimal charge. But some service work is better off left to the experts. I had this done before (as wells as others IIRC) and just paid for the compartment door that I damaged.

Will this be an option this year as well? I would much prefer having the guys that do this work all the time replace a part for me.

jbeletti

Hey Jim,

I understand that most of the service requests are at no or minimal charge. But some service work is better off left to the experts. I had this done before (as wells as others IIRC) and just paid for the compartment door that I damaged.

Will this be an option this year as well? I would much prefer having the guys that do this work all the time replace a part for me.

Checking with Service on this.

jbeletti

Is there a deadline or cut-off date on getting service requests in?

Not sure what I will request yet...

Probably early May timeframe will be the cut-off for requesting service items as Service needs to order the parts in and get it all bagged, organized and loaded into the service trailer. I'll get with Service on this to get a firm date.

Tundra2084

Could someone please tell me if delamination is something that could be fixed at the rally? Today when walking down the side of our rig we noticed two area's that are bubbling between the top and bottom air grates for the fridge on the off door slide. This unit is a leftover 2012 purchased new in July of 2013. Thanks

jbeletti

Could someone please tell me if delamination is something that could be fixed at the rally? Today when walking down the side of our rig we noticed two area's that are bubbling between the top and bottom air grates for the fridge on the off door slide. This unit is a leftover 2012 purchased new in July of 2013. Thanks

Sorry but no, something like that can't be done at the campground under "minor service". Work like that is best done indoors by a servicer that can repair and repaint fiberglass. Consider contacting Charger Enterprises or Tiara RV - both in Elkhart to see if they are interested in doing this "customer pay" job. You might be able to schedule it a week ahead of your planned arrival date.