2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Or ride bikes! It's actually pretty fun to ride around the fairgrounds and see all the rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree!! Great area to ride bikes.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: Sites

Jim,
We still don't understand how others posted a site already that they are on for the 2015 Pre-Rally. Sorry we are confused but want to make sure we can get in for the Pre-Rally. Use my private email if need be to explain.

Jim or Murry.

At this time no sites have been assigned or selected. Registrants will select their sites from the sites available at the time of registration. If anyone has questions, please contact me at club@heartlandowners.org.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

We are also first timers at the National Rally... had a great time at Lake Delton Wisconsin and somehow caught the Rally Bug.. Is the rally dog friendly? Is there a group of sites where dog people are somewhat together? Are there grassy areas for dog walking and yes we did pick up.. sorta like the National Parks where you don't leave anything behind when you leave.

Bill & Chris McInnes and the PUGS
2013 Silverado 2500
2013 Sundance

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Bill. There is no cure for the rally bug, it's a monkey on your back so you might as well feed it.
Seems that everyone has five or six dogs so you will be in good company.
And yes, there are plenty of grassy areas for dog walking.

Peace
Dave

clubmgr

Staff member
Re: Dog Walking at the NAHR

Is the rally dog friendly? Is there a group of sites where dog people are somewhat together? Are there grassy areas for dog walking and yes we did pick up.. sorta like the National Parks where you don't leave anything behind when you leave.

The fairgrounds is dog friendly, however there are no designated dog walk areas. A large majority of attendees will have dogs so no attempt is made to group them together. Most camping locations within the fairgrounds have easily accessible areas to walk a dog on a leash. It depends on the individual site how far you will have to walk to get to it.

Pickup is required.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

clubmgr

Staff member
Maps for the NAHR Goshen Fairgrounds

In about a week's time we will be posting maps (or links to maps) of the Goshen Fairgrounds and the individual camping locations within the fairgrounds (campgrounds). These maps will include the locations of the rally and vendor halls.

There will be brief descriptions of each campground and sites identified for folks who are mobility challenged.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: Maps for the NAHR Goshen Fairgrounds

We wish we had the time to feed the "rally bug", but working won't allow us. However, we stop working completely in June of next year and plan to follow the rally circuit and attend as many as possible for about a year...think we might tag along with Jay and Stella...if they'll have us ;) :)

jayc

Legendary Member
Kathy,
Of course you and Ken can come along with us. Hope that new Chevy can keep up...LOL I'll send you an email with our route plans.

olcoon

Ken & Kathy,
I take it you are still on the wind farm? Sounds like things have really slowed down in the oil patch!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Jay...wow, you already have 2016's schedule...Cool! Roy...yep, still on the wind farm getting ready to move to next job.

sledman78

Sledman again

Thanks for all the replies. Wife has another question, bringing pets . . .do people bring potty pads for pets or leave pets at home?

jnbhobe

Bring your bags, no dog runs.

Thanks Cookie, we were wondering about that same information. This will be our first time there too. As a pre-rally sign up, do u help with set up for the rally? Generally what r the site costs?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, or Denise, the rally is a fixed price. Any add ons for during the pre-rally will be added at checkout when you register.
Pre-rally nights will also be added at that time.
Sorry, I don't have any pricing and once you register everything is done for you.
Just show up.
See you there.

Peace
Dave

dalspot

In 2013, Jim B posted a copy of the fairgrounds map that identified site numbers and locations on it in the 2013 Rally thread, which you can find here:

//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/venue_layout_storm_shelters.pdf

Combining that with the aerial views of the fairgrounds should give you a good idea of what the fairground sites are like. And maybe what site you'd like to request. If you've never attended before, reading through the 2013 and 2011 threads should help. It's a lot of fun!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I have the attendee roster from 2011 & 2013. Private message me your name and I can tell you unless you were a very late registration. My roster is of the end of May.

Possum51

is their any way I can fine out what site I was on in 2013 Rally?

Boy! When I look at the map of the fairground the sites really look all spread out. Guess I need to bring our bicycles! Can we tell which sites are the ones with full hook-ups?

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader

Come on June - we can't wait to see it all . This is our first national, it will not be our last.:cool::)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Come on June - we can't wait to see it all . This is our first national, it will not be our last.:cool::)

It's a great time. This will be our third time out. Can't wait!!