2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Re: Potential Entertainment - The Cavern Beat

Would anyone be into this group is I hired them for the rally?

The Cavern Beat (LINK).

Okay...I am definitely in..not like I wasn't anyway....but this seals the deal. I will be dancing all the way there.
Great choice Jim!

Sue

jbeletti

Okay - so we're running a close split between liking a Beatles tribute band vs doing something else, like having a band covering a time block. I've heard 60s, 70s and 80s.

Not sure what I will, knowing any choice will never work for everyone - but I do appreciate all the feedback. Please keep it coming!

szewczyk_john

For the record, I am a blues man. The older and raunchier, the better. But I do listen to every genre of music. No band that covers any era of music will go a night without playing a few Beatles hits. They had that much affect on the American music scene. I was not slamming listening to Beatles music for a night, I just would rather hear a bunch of number one songs from an era rather than hearing all of one band's greatest hits.

Seren

For the record, I am a blues man. The older and raunchier, the better. But I do listen to every genre of music. No band that covers any era of music will go a night without playing a few Beatles hits. They had that much affect on the American music scene. I was not slamming listening to Beatles music for a night, I just would rather hear a bunch of number one songs from an era rather than hearing all of one band's greatest hits.

X2 on getting a variety, vice just a group's music all night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jim on the Vegas trip in 2016, I have no doubt that you will "Get Er Done".
If anyone can pull this off, it's you.
Still curious as to how the site selection will work out in Goshen next year.
I really liked my site last rally in Goshen on the Railroad Tracks, except for the dusty road, and was hoping to get it again next year.
A suggestion for vendors for Goshen would be Mor-Ryde.

Hockster

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

I can get into any live musical act but I would prefer an act that concentrates on an era or period of time over one that is a single group's tribute band. I mean I would rather hear a nights worth of late 60's and early 70 greatest hits then to hear a single group perform their version of the Beatles top 20 hits. Just my 2 cents.

Same here. A variety of 60's, 70's and 80's top hits would be great.

happykraut

Would anyone be into this group is I hired them for the rally?
I'm a bit confused. According to the above you hired them already, but now it looks like your looking for ideas. I retract my last post and go with a 50's variety type of band.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even some current (danceable) hits and a band that plays late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I'm a bit confused. According to the above you hired them already, but now it looks like your looking for ideas. I retract my last post and go with a 50's variety type of band.

It was a typo on my part Bernie. I have made no decisions, tough I'm leaning towards hiring Cavern Beat for one night and doing a DJ to play 60s, 70s, 80s hits another night.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Two thumbs up for Cavern Beat.

Griffweb

We are going to try our best to make it. We are currently at our first chapter rally and really having a blast. I can only imagine that the national rally would be awesome.

Mike and Bridget Griffin
Members since 2014

wildwolfproducts

I like that band and there sound. But I agree songs from the 60's,70's and 80's would be nice.
Also sorry for not getting back to you on the BBQ will try to figure that now and get the info to you.
Looking forward to June and a week there.
Pete

mlpeloquin

My wife and I purchase a Big Horn 3210 a year ago. We have been to the Sparks Navada, and Jackson California rallies. We are also going to the rally in Temecula California next month. We will attend the North American rally as well.

Marc & Carol

Rusty_7

We attended the 2013 rally in Goeshen in our new cyclone. We unfortunately were assigned a spot up against the fence near the race track and was unable to lower our ramp and fully utilize our unit. I hope some deep thought might go into the lot assignments for 2015.

jbeletti

Rusty,

There are not a lot of sites that we can ensure rear ramps can be lowered down for unloading. Many of the sites are back-to-back and as you experienced, those that aren't back-to-back are up against a wall or a stage or a fence or a ravine.

It isn't likely there are enough sites that would work out well for a toyhauler's rear ramp based on the number of toyhaulers we get at this rally.

There is one row in the south campground that works better than others for "unloading" but not leaving the ramp down or using it as a patio.