2015+ Landmark 365's (any model) refrigerator

porthole

Retired
The Newport demo we saw at Urbanna was equipped with whatever you call that style - double doors on top with a large freezer drawer.
we really like the fridge that we saw on the Newport.

All the other new Heartland RV's we have seen with a residential fridge option had a typical full length double door type fridge.

After living with a full length double door fridge for about 10 years now (home) Deb is pretty set that we would never have another one.

Going forward, what can we expect in the Landmark lineup?
What about the Bighorn lineup?

jbeletti

Duane,

Tom will have to weigh in with the official word on LM365, but I can tell you that the Ashland also has the new refer. It's a Samsung model RF197 - French Doors (LINK).

T

TomMontague

Planning on sticking with the French door samsung unless they discontinue.

jbeletti

...Going forward, what can we expect in the Landmark lineup?

Duane - I confirmed with Kary that Bighorn plans to continue using the side-by-side Frigidaire residential refer and as you likely saw from Tom, Landmark 365 plans to standardize on the Samsung RF197.

shelsay

Will there be an option for model with ice and water (or at lest water) through the door?

T

TomMontague

We are looking into that but for now we just have the ice maker.

T

TomMontague

Please also keep in mind that LM365 will not / does not have an option for a traditional 8'or 12 cu. ft. RV refer. We ONLY offer the French Door, residential Samsung.

adam

The RF197 Samsung is a excellent fridge. It is quiet and has low start-up power needs. It has LED lighting and very spacious. This 197 model is very popular with Monaco/Holiday Rambler motorhome owners as it fit perfectly in the compartment that was previously occupied by both the Dometic and Norcolds that were originally used by those manufactures plus it is easy on inverters and batteries while travelling.

I can after using one for 3 years in our last unit say that it was a great product. My wife liked it so much we purchased the larger version to use in our house as well! Now to get used to the Frigidaire.....

Adam

porthole

Retired
The Newport demo we saw at Urbanna was equipped with whatever you call that style - double doors on top with a large freezer drawer.
we really like the fridge that we saw on the Newport.

All the other new Heartland RV's we have seen with a residential fridge option had a typical full length double door type fridge.

After living with a full length double door fridge for about 10 years now (home) Deb is pretty set that we would never have another one.

Going forward, what can we expect in the Landmark lineup?

Please also keep in mind that LM365 will not / does not have an option for a traditional 8'or 12 cu. ft. RV refer. We ONLY offer the French Door, residential Samsung.

Planning on sticking with the French door samsung unless they discontinue.

Given recent pictures that have been posted - what sayeth ye?

porthole

Retired
We changed refers.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom,

Many of your answers are either too vague or you seem to skip some and only answer what you seem to feel like answering.

In the $100K+ category of RV's - personally, I think an answer may at times, deserve more then a 3 word response.
"If" we had ordered a maxed out Newport "knowing" that it came with the original bottom freezer fridge (per your info) and it showed up with a side by side, there would be at least four very disappointed people.

Deb, myself, the salesperson and the dealer principal. Because I would get up and walk away.
I did it 16 years ago with a $160K boat (never looking back) and did it again 4 years with my F-350 (principal realized a $60K check was more valuable then his salesman's ego).

These are major purchases to many of us, and the "we deserve the right to make running changes" just doesn't cut it anymore. Especially when it is a surprise at the walk through.

For some of us, it is not just the $100K+ trailer anymore. My next trailer will require a new truck as well, whether it is a Landmark, a new Cyclone or a SOB.

("3 words" on two of my other forums are reserved to the humor daughter boards)

T

TomMontague

Sorry Duane - some people like long answers - some people like short, direct, to the point answers. Sometimes when you are answering with a mobile device the shorter the answer the better - especially when I might not have my glasses on. In no way was I trying to minimize the importance of your question.

The simple answer is NO - the Samsung is no longer available. We have switched to the Side by Side. ( Both Landmark & Big Horn )

The detailed answer is the Samsung changed compressors and the way the new compressor kicked on and off wasn't compatible with the Invertor we use and it was causing the system to shut down and the error code given was very hard to figure out. It took engineers from our company and the invertor company and a letter from Samsung confirming that they had switched compressors on that model of refer to figure it out.

The new side by side is 22 cu sq ft and the old French door is 18 cu sq ft. and the price we pay is almost the same so I made the call to change. I didn't want to make a complete electrical system change for the refer.

The new side by side also has ICE & WATER in the door and the French door did not. We have been asked by multiple customers to please bring back this feature so that helped in the decision process as well.

I also have a French door refer at my house and its a pain in the rear... All your frozen foods get stacked on top of each other and to find anything on the bottom you have to dig for it. The extra 4 cu sq feet seems to be taken out of the freezer as well so not only is it a pain to find food you also can't put as much food in it.
Of course now we are getting into personal preference which really doesn't matter.

Hope this is a better, more satisfactory answer for you. Depending on if you are ordering a LM365 or taking one from dealer stock would also play a role in which refer you get. The current dealer inventory is pretty much French door. Any unit with a French door refer and the new compressor also has a new, slightly larger Invertor as well to ensure it works correctly. We identified all the units and made adjustments to them.

If the French Door is still a deal breaker I can maybe help your dealer locate a unit that matches your specs and I can work out a deal to get that unit repurchased and then resold to the dealer of your choice.

Talk soon,
Tom

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Tom,

We just got our Ashland (thanks to your help) and it has the Samsung 197. Are we going to have this issue? I am sure there are a hand full of us that took delivery with the Samsung in the last couple of months.

Thanks,

Fred

T

TomMontague

Great question and the answer is NO - production caught and changed out all the inverters to ensure compatibility. If by some chance you do have an issue we know exactly why and how to fix but I don't anticipate you having any issues.

Thanks for choosing LM365.

Tom

jnspenc

BigSpenc
What model is the new side by side refer?? Looking forward to our new Newport, scheduled for delivery 2nd week in February

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk