2015 Landmark coaxial wiring

Bobemuzzy

I have just finish installing a Winegard Trav'ler Directv SWM Slimline Antenna on the roof of our 2015 Landmark. I found all of the cables behind a dummy outlet cover in the bedroom on the ceiling. I hooked up all the cables to the antenna an it works just fine. I then ran a cable from the splitter on the roof to the power inverter inside the RV then to the Directv receiver to test for a signal and the test was a success with a great picture on my TV. My question is where does the coaxial cables that where in the ceiling of the bedroom originate from is it in the universal docking station and if so is that why I need to install a RG-6 jumper to get a sattellite signal to my receiver. HELP NEEDED

danemayer

Hi Bobemuzzy,

The lines in the roof terminate in the UDC and are paired with the lines running from the UDC to living room and bedroom. If you have a freestanding satellite dish, you'd connect to the left of each pair to reach the inside locations. If you have a rooftop dish, you install the jumpers to connect to the left of each pari to reach the inside locations.

Our Rushmore UDC is wired as shown in this drawing.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 79

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Bobemuzzy,
I am interested in doing my own install also can you explain how difficult it is to install hardware. Is it worth the savings of having the dealer do it?

Thanks,
Murry

Bobemuzzy

Murry135
To install hardware is a piece of cake. If you have the tools and all of the hardware and a little smarts it should take about a half a day. Make sure you caulk everything real real good. I mounted my antenna on a 2' x 3' x 3/6" Aluminum plate that I got from Ebay for $70.00 for stability. I cauked the plate real good and screwed to to the roof every 8". Then I caulked the screw head. I the mounted the antenna to the plate by drilling smaller holes then the screw size I used an screwed the antenna to the plate and the RV roof I will take some pictures in a few days. You save $600.00 doing it your self.
Bobemuzzy,
I am interested in doing my own install also can you explain how difficult it is to install hardware. Is it worth the savings of having the dealer do it?

Thanks,
Murry

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Install does not sound like it is out of my wheel house. Pictures of plate and install would be great. $600 savings is big enough reason to do it myself, Thanks.

GlenStMary

I did the Wingard Traveler install myself and the install only took me a few hours. I had problems finding the factory installed coax so opted to cable the dish and controller using the winegard provided cables. The wiring into the coach was exactly as Danemayer's drawing depicted, so I used that. Here are some pictures of the installation I did. Hope this helps some.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...tions?p=338108&highlight=satellite#post338108

If you read the entire thread you can find the problem I had just finding the factory cables. I think that problem was specific to my coach and hopefully you won't have any issues at all.

Bobemuzzy

Install does not sound like it is out of my wheel house. Pictures of plate and install would be great. $600 savings is big enough reason to do it myself, Thanks.
Murry135
Here are the pictures of the Winegard Directv Antenna installation in my 2015 Landmark Savanna. If you have any questions e-mil me. I
hope help you

Last edited:

texasron

Hello Bob, I have a question you might help me with. I just installed the Winegard Traveler 1000 for Dish network. I am using my Hopper and Genie from home and work great my question. In order to watch antenna I have to switch the coax cable in the bedroom closet from one outlet to the other and also have to remove the coax cable from the back of my hopper in the bedroom and put it onto the back of the TV in the living room I just flip the switch from cable to antenna but still have to switch the coax in the bedroom closet first. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks Ron

danemayer

Hello Bob, I have a question you might help me with. I just installed the Winegard Traveler 1000 for Dish network. I am using my Hopper and Genie from home and work great my question. In order to watch antenna I have to switch the coax cable in the bedroom closet from one outlet to the other and also have to remove the coax cable from the back of my hopper in the bedroom and put it onto the back of the TV in the living room I just flip the switch from cable to antenna but still have to switch the coax in the bedroom closet first. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks Ron

You might try combining the signals coming out of the satellite and cable/antenna connectors in the closet using a diplexer (looks like a splitter, but combines signals and passes satellite frequencies). Look at the diagram on the diplexer label to see which side the satellite feed should go into.

Some satellite receivers will integrate over-the-air TV signals into their channel menu. You should check to see if yours does.

SeattleLion

I am not sure about how the 2013 BH is wired. In mine, there are two coax cables coming in to the bedroom closet. One is antenna/cable, the other is the sat wiring from the UDC. Is that how yours is set up?

Bobemuzzy

This is my second try at posting the Trav'ler installation pictures. The computer is not allowing me to post the pictures. Sorry about that. I will try again at another time.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg