2016 Bighorn Changes

DougS

Doug S
I just called a dealer and it seems to be true that the MCD shades are no longer offer in day/night but just night. It seems to me a unit with bigger windows you would want day shades.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I just called a dealer and it seems to be true that the MCD shades are no longer offer in day/night but just night. It seems to me a unit with bigger windows you would want day shades.

One would think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

You might call the Brand Manger at HL and see what he has to say. When I was ordering my BH I was able to add some options that the dealer didn't know about.
Don

DougS

Doug S
I have a call in HL and am waiting for a response. The one dealer I called said HL may be re thinking the day/night shades, I hope that is the case.

pegmikef

If you live in Texas and travel anywhere in the southwestern states it is not "want", it is "need!"

DougS

Doug S
Or anywhere in the part in the country!

Sitting here in the RV thinking the shade would have to be all the way down to block the hot sun rays and glare instead of just pulling the day shade and still being able to see outside.

RoadJunkie

When we look to replace something, like our 5'er, we don't really want to give up any of the features we like. The common sentiment, upon finding out that our desirable features have gone missing, is that " They've made it cheaper than my current rig", or, "They don't make them like they used to". I wonder what the driver would be for eliminating the day/night shades. Hope it's not true.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
When we look to replace something, like our 5'er, we don't really want to give up any of the features we like. The common sentiment, upon finding out that our desirable features have gone missing, is that " They've made it cheaper than my current rig", or, "They don't make them like they used to". I wonder what the driver would be for eliminating the day/night shades. Hope it's not true.

$$$$$$$$$!!!!
Most all decisions today are monetary motivated, theirs, yours, and mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougS

Doug S
I was able to talk to HL today and it was confirmed that the MCD shades are in fact only night shades, the day shade is not available any more. In my humble opinion. there are now bigger windows made smaller by night shades to block the sun.

As for the length of the new BH 3575 EL, it is built on the same chassis as the older BH 3570, but a different way of measuring. The front cap might be bigger. I am awaiting a true measurement pin to back bumper. If there was a BH 3575 in Florida, I would go and measure it myself. The closest unit I have found is 12 hours away.

kdubinwa

As for the length of the new BH 3575 EL, it is built on the same chassis as the older BH 3570, but a different way of measuring. The front cap might be bigger. I am awaiting a true measurement pin to back bumper. If there was a BH 3575 in Florida, I would go and measure it myself. The closest unit I have found is 12 hours away.

Please post back what you find out on length and how it is measured.

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Please post back what you find out on length and how it is measured.

Thanks
The following is taken from the Heartlandrvs web site.

Note: Overall Length defined as tow point (Ball coupler for travel trailers / King pin for 5th wheel trailers) to rear bumper. It does not include the rear ladder. Add 9" w/ Extended Pin Box

Dave
Peace

kdubinwa

The following is taken from the Heartlandrvs web site.

Note: Overall Length defined as tow point (Ball coupler for travel trailers / King pin for 5th wheel trailers) to rear bumper. It does not include the rear ladder. Add 9" w/ Extended Pin Box

Dave
Peace

Thanks Dave, but that note reflects there has been no change in how Heartland "measures" the bighorns. I'm trying to understand how the 3570 and 3575el are now different in advertised length without streaching the frame. The 39.4 length sure seems to be a longer trailer now.