2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

Mburtsvt

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: NV, Las Vegas - 10/6/2016 to 10/9/2016

Looking forward to our first rally. Looking forward more to retiring in a couple a years. Hope to meet lots of new friends. Anywho, don't know if this would be under a tour or entertainment. Is anyone planning an excursion to FatTuesdays or Margaritaville. Both are highly recommended (by me). Just sayin. Space 187.

Rick

To heck with going to Margaritaville - I'm going to the Jimmy Buffett show the following Sat, (Oct 15th), at the MGM Grand.
Fins UP!

Gaffer

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: NV, Las Vegas - 10/6/2016 to 10/9/2016

A lot of folks have some really cool stuff they just don't need or use anymore. Did I read somewhere that there will be no "marketplace " this year?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

A lot of folks have some really cool stuff they just don't need or use anymore. Did I read somewhere that there will be no "marketplace " this year?

PJ there is going to be on Marketplace but I'm not sure about selling recycled items like in the past. However I think it would be a great idea. I think there are some space restrictions here at the Oasis. Trace Trace

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sure hope there is a "For Sale" table. I've got a couple of things in the basement that I threw in there just for the rally table.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sure hope there is a "For Sale" table. I've got a couple of things in the basement that I threw in there just for the rally table.

I've got a few things as well . . .

A pair of slide-out stabilizer jacks and a white MaxxAir II vent cover (with hardware), both in excellent shape, amongst some other camping things.

Gaffer

At the very least we should be able to post a letter size flyer of what we have, our phone number and the price on a bulletin board.

MTPockets

If there's no space for an owners flea market, maybe those with items to sell would be permitted to place a sign at their rig, or if not a sign some sort of marker that could be announced for Heartland people.. Like an Orange Triangle, or yellow ball, or whatever...

Gaffer

I have a few things for the owners flea market. Number 1 is a Dometic 320 (Cadallic of toilets) new in the box that won't fit my coach. Hope someone wants to upgrade their 310 or Thetford!

Mburtsvt

So in the past I have gone to other manufactures national rally and one of the best features was that they would have techs from the factory to do minor repairs on our RV’s. Many times there was no charge for the work.

Will this be the case at our National Rally?

I currently have my RV at the dealer and there is some concern about getting a part in on time, (non-critical-frame around the bedroom TV cracked).

It would be great if they could bring it to the rally and do the install there.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired

To my knowledge, Tech Reps will only be at the National Rally's held in Goshen where the Heartland factory is located only a few miles away.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

So in the past I have gone to other manufactures national rally and one of the best features was that they would have techs from the factory to do minor repairs on our RV’s. Many times there was no charge for the work.

Will this be the case at our National Rally?

I currently have my RV at the dealer and there is some concern about getting a part in on time, (non-critical-frame around the bedroom TV cracked).

It would be great if they could bring it to the rally and do the install there.

Minor repair work by factory techs occurs only at the NA HOC Rallies held in Goshen, Indiana during odd number years. The next Goshen Rally will be June 2017. See the Events calendar for dates and available information.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
For the owners' flea market I have a new, never been used, in the box Hayes G2 Boss Brake Controller, and a used pair of X - Chock tire locking chocks. Please email me if you may be interested, tank67tommy@gmail.com. Safe travels to all.

RoadJunkie

Up for sale and delivered during the rally: Aluminum 5th wheel tailgate that came off of a 2009 Ford F-250 short bed. Similar, or may be actually like this.

Also, I was stupid and bought this only to find out my antenna is not a Wineguard. So, it has never been used.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
If you are registered for the NA HOC Rally in Las Vegas and are arriving before Oct 6 and/or staying over Sunday night 10/9, PLEASE, if you have not already done so, call Oasis and reserve your site for the extra days.

Oasis tells me that many have not done so. Tell your friends.

wdk450

Gang:
I hope you have a TERRIFIC National rally. Lots of good thoughts go out to everyone who went above and beyond to set it up. I am sad in my heart that I can't be there. Besides my slim financial resources after paying for the bedroom slide area crack in my Bighorn, I have been assisting ill family members since June. Now I learn that my daughter in San Diego who was born with a major congenital heart defect is needing a series of heart procedures in early November, so I will be moving from my sister's house in Beaumont, Ca. to TT RV parks in the San Diego area for an extended time.

My daughter was born with reversed heart arteries, and had heart surgery at age 3 months (they had wanted to wait until 6 months, but her condition was declining). Her cardiologists privately told her mother and me not to expect her to live beyond her teenage years, but she is 30 now. She has a 1st degree heart nerve block, and they are talking stents, too, depending on the heart cath imaging results. This is to happen Nov. 11, the day after she turns 30. She worked long and hard to get a degree in Hotel and Restaurant management with a prestigious program at Cal Poly Pomona, but has only been able to get 1 job in the field, and that company folded after about 18 months. She has been unemployed since June. For her, every day on this earth is truly a gift. I'll be spending time with her instead of my Heartland friends.

Have a terrific rally!!!

jbeletti

Bill - sorry you can't make this one but it's understood. Prayers go out to you and your family. You're a blessing to them. Hope to see you down the road.