2017 Arlington dump outlet installed too low

art

The dump outlet on my 2017 Landmark Arlington is so low to the ground that almost always runs uphill to the campground's sewer pipe. I have to keep lifting the last 5-6' of hosed for it to drain out. If the campground's sewer drain is downhill from my unit, it's fine. But that seldom happens. This makes dumping a much bigger job than it should be. Does anyone else experience this? Are there any solutions? I've found almost nothing else I don't like about my unit but this is a real pain!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thought would be to use your Level Up and raise the trailer when you dump.
Is there a chance you could cut the pipes and re position them?

Peace
Dave

art

One thought would be to use your Level Up and raise the trailer when you dump.
Is there a chance you could cut the pipes and re position them?

Peace
Dave

Dave, yes I could raise the coach but it would be quite a bit many times. There isn't enough room to re-position the pipes to gain enough clearance. I'm wondering if I'll have to invest in a macerator. Thanks for responding!

Art

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do carry a macerator for just those occasions.
We had a site at Falcon Lake State Park in Texas that had the sewer on the opposite side of the coach and it was about a foot higher than than my dump outlet.
I decided I would not go through that again and took a ride to Tweety's and bought a macerator.

Peace
Dave

CDN

B and B
My Bighorn is so low I have a hard time fitting the blue tank under it on most sites. Next spring I plan to cut and move it up about 4 inches.

art

I do carry a macerator for just those occasions.
We had a site at Falcon Lake State Park in Texas that had the sewer on the opposite side of the coach and it was about a foot higher than than my dump outlet.
I decided I would not go through that again and took a ride to Tweety's and bought a macerator.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, Dave. Did you buy a portable or hard wired macerator? Brand?

Grateful,
Art

Gaffer

How do you power it up Dave? The blue tote won't fit under my Bighorn either. Could you power it up off of the end of the trailers light cord that would normally connect to the truck? That would be handier than battery clips and could also work for my Viair compressor.

oldelmer1

I saw a Landmark that had the sewer pipe coming out from the back of the split frame(I think thats what you call it)

So the pipe would make a 90 degree turn from the black dump valve and run along inside the underbelly and come out the back metal plate(the 1 that closes in the split frame, facing the back of the camper), then another 90 degree turn with the cap on it.

I hope this makes sense, I have thought about doing this to mine cause its really low to the ground too.

If someone has this setup, maybe that will post a picture of it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How do you power it up Dave? The blue tote won't fit under my Bighorn either. Could you power it up off of the end of the trailers light cord that would normally connect to the truck? That would be handier than battery clips and could also work for my Viair compressor.
I have a cord from the battery that goes to the off door side near the sewer outlet.
I do like your idea but I think that I would get anothe male plug and wire it so that when plugged into the truck it will provide 12 volt power. That would work great for your macerator and compressor.

Peace
Dave