Relocating Waste Water Drain

RonTimmer

I am looking for some advice on a project I have been considering. I have a 2017 Big Country and the waste water drain pipe exits the underside of the camper near the front of the camper and then runs along the frame for about 10 feet to a location under the slides where it terminates in the hose connection port. I would like to cut off some of this pipe and relocate the connection port to a location that is not under one of my slides to make it easier to access. Before I do this though I wanted to make sure that there is not a regulation or law that says the sewer connection must be a certain distance from the fresh water connection (That is the only reason I can see that they ran this pipe along the frame for so long). If anyone else has done this or knows the reason it is set up like this I would love to hear what you know. I would also love to hear the opinions of those more experienced than I as well.

Thanks,
Ron

danemayer

If the sewer outlet is midships, it's a convenient distance to campground sewer lines no matter where they are positioned on the site. If you relocate, you could find yourself carrying an extra hose for some situations.

Don't change the slope of the drainage.

Fresh tanks are usually located near the axles for weight distribution. So if you're thinking about moving the outlet toward the front, you probably will be further away from the fresh tank. But I've never heard of a requirement for distance between fresh tank and other tanks.

RonTimmer

If the sewer outlet is midships, it's a convenient distance to campground sewer lines no matter where they are positioned on the site. If you relocate, you could find yourself carrying an extra hose for some situations.

I figured that was the reason for the drain placement, but that puts it right underneath my slides and I'm not as agile as I used to be so crawling under there is a pain. Thanks for your advice.