2017 Arlington water in bathroom linked to front hvac

Crossbow

Less than 2 months old Arlington front bathroom, and I woke up and found water on the floor under the bottom board from the front of the sink. At first I thought it was the sink but then through a series of tests determined it had nothing to do with the sink but was water from the front hvac unit.
What I don't know is if it is coming from the hvac unit itself or a byproduct of the cold air escaping the duct. The reason I don't know yet is that when I looked up in the duct I found it was poorly pieced together with almost a 1/4 gap between some of the pieces! This would lead me to believe it might be air escaping to the wall and then condensing on it and running down. I taped what cracks I could find and will report progress. 20161003_172827.jpg

Attachments

• 20161003_172904.jpg
    20161003_172904.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 48

danemayer

Hi Crossbow,

There's a Technical Service Bulletin covering an A/C water problem on some Landmark 365s. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if your unit needs the TSB fix. And if not, they can advise on next steps.

Bones

Just in case it is not the AC take a look at where my sink was cracked and leaking on the floor. It took me awhile to find this crack.

IMG_20150915_204552.jpg

Sometimes I would have water on the floor other times none. It was weird.

Crossbow

Just in case it is not the AC take a look at where my sink was cracked and leaking on the floor. It took me awhile to find this crack.

View attachment 48008

Sometimes I would have water on the floor other times none. It was weird.

Thanks for the info. I have ruled out the sink though. I shut the front ac off for a couple of days and no water, no matter how much we used the sink, turn the hvac back on and within an hour we had water under the sink.

Bones

Thanks for the info. I have ruled out the sink though. I shut the front ac off for a couple of days and no water, no matter how much we used the sink, turn the hvac back on and within an hour we had water under the sink.

OK. It definitely sounds like you are on to the issue. Follow the previous post about getting the air conditioner checked for the recall.

Crossbow

Hi Crossbow,

There's a Technical Service Bulletin covering an A/C water problem on some Landmark 365s. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if your unit needs the TSB fix. And if not, they can advise on next steps.

Well, I had an RV tech come out to do the work on the TSB and what did he find? lo and behold the work had already been done BUT it was botched when done. Instead of drilling just through the bottom plastic to allow the water to come out, the drill bit went through the HVAC plastic and into my roof! I have like a total of 20 holes in my roof under the three HVAC units. I guess the technicians never heard of a strike plate to make sure they didn't drill past where they needed too and into something that shouldn't have been damaged. They turned a bad situation into a horrible situation. I do not know how much damage this ultimately caused because there is evidence that water went not only to my sink but below into the storage area and that is JUST on the first HVAC unit. The others I may not find the damage until later.

Pretty sad to pay $98k cash for a trailer you are going to live in and find the dealer jinxed it from the get go.

Bones

Well, I had an RV tech come out to do the work on the TSB and what did he find? lo and behold the work had already been done BUT it was botched when done. Instead of drilling just through the bottom plastic to allow the water to come out, the drill bit went through the HVAC plastic and into my roof! I have like a total of 20 holes in my roof under the three HVAC units. I guess the technicians never heard of a strike plate to make sure they didn't drill past where they needed too and into something that shouldn't have been damaged. They turned a bad situation into a horrible situation. I do not know how much damage this ultimately caused because there is evidence that water went not only to my sink but below into the storage area and that is JUST on the first HVAC unit. The others I may not find the damage until later.

Pretty sad to pay $98k cash for a trailer you are going to live in and find the dealer jinxed it from the get go.

Wow that is just horrible. I sorry to hear that but glad you found it