2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
JimB, will there be anyone doing alignment measurements or CorrectTrac adjustments at the rally/prerally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ofus

Duane is right - we learn each year and what we learned last year is that it's a bad idea to send an email out the moment registration is opened. So this year, we sent it out 1-week before registration opens, allowing everyone to prepare and have the registration link in advance.

Here's a link to a copy of the email that went out.

Bob got all squared away yesterday. He'd changed his email address and could not log into the forum. As an anti-hacking measure, many online services require a confirmation anytime the email address is changed. Bob was able to go to his previous email system and click the confirmation link in the email sent to him by the forum system.

Bob changed his email address in an effort to use one that he can get emails from RegOnline from. It's possible the IP address of mail server used used by RegOnline (our rally registration system) is blacklisted by some email providers.

This will be our first rally so I went to regoline.com and tried our email that is associated with the heartland forum and it came back as invalid for this event. Is this because it's not open for registration yet or do I need to contact someone to get it fixed? I don't want loose out because of a technicality.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
This will be our first rally so I went to regoline.com and tried our email that is associated with the heartland forum and it came back as invalid for this event. Is this because it's not open for registration yet or do I need to contact someone to get it fixed? I don't want loose out because of a technicality.

Email addresses are not loaded into the Registration system until right before registration opens. This is so the membership is current. i.e. all new members are included, and the email addresses are also current i.e. members can change their email address up until the previous day and their new address will be used.

2ofus

Email addresses are not loaded into the Registration system until right before registration opens. This is so the membership is current. i.e. all new members are included, and the email addresses are also current i.e. members can change their email address up until the previous day and their new address will be used.

Thanks Julie, Thought it was something like that, but wanted to be ahead of curve.

VKTalley

Now I know that there can be a translation issue with the different slang variations in the English language. LOL. But I do not recall saying I would host this. All y'all get these crazy ideas and are fixin to drag me down with you....

Jamie, ya know ya like it when Andy plans things and drags ya in! It's all good clean fun... :angel:

Sweenja1

Question: Will we know tomorrow after we register if we were accepted to attend or if we were put on the waiting list or will confirmation come at a later date?

Also, for pre-rally (Friday June 9th), are late arrivals (approximately 10:30 pm) possible?

Thank you.

jbeletti

Question: Will we know tomorrow after we register if we were accepted to attend or if we were put on the waiting list or will confirmation come at a later date?
Yes, when you register and pay, your confirmation will appear on-screen and will be emailed to you.

Also, for pre-rally (Friday June 9th), are late arrivals (approximately 10:30 pm) possible? Thank you.
Check-in is not officially open past dinner time but you may arrive, enter at gate 1 and park in the grass near Gate A where our check-in trailer will be. The check-in team will take you to your site in the morning.

Sweenja1

Yes, when you register and pay, your confirmation will appear on-screen and will be emailed to you.

Check-in is not officially open past dinner time but you may arrive, enter at gate 1 and park in the grass near Gate A where our check-in trailer will be. The check-in team will take you to your site in the morning.

Sounds good thank you, Jim!

MCTalley

If you've ever booked a full week at a Florida State Park for a January or February, then signing up for the rally should be a piece of cake.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I knew what that episode of Big Bang Theory was about but I still had to watch it again. Very funny. refresh,refresh,refresh, come on 1:00 Easter Standard Time

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
As we get ready to register for the North American Heartland Owners Rally, I wish everyone good luck!

Hopefully it won't be like this episode of Big Bang Theory.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scYOvM_BiMQ

Ha! Well, it kind of was for me. As a first time registrant and using my iPhone, I kept erring out on "create a password". The "learn more" link prompted for a strong password of 8 characters but did not specify the requirements--- capitals, lower case, numeric, symbol---as I learned later. The pswd must contain 3 of those parameters.
Good luck everyone!!!!

danemayer

When you register, if you need a new password, be sure to write it down and keep it somewhere you'll find it again. It's not unusual to have to log back into the registration website to check or revise something.

pegmikef

Jim, I plan on arriving mid-day the 5th (one day pre-prerally). Do I still go to gate 1 or gate A?
I know I have to coordinate the 5th with the office.

jbeletti

Jim, I plan on arriving mid-day the 5th (one day pre-prerally). Do I still go to gate 1 or gate A?
I know I have to coordinate the 5th with the office.

Mike - we will already be there, so yes, I suggest you enter at gate 1 and proceed to gate A. The entire core-team will be gone by 5 pm to a dinner outing but if you arrive before then, we should be able to square you away.

Status
Not open for further replies.