2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danemayer

I drove I-80 going east to Elkhart in October and greatly regretted staying on the highway near Chicago. On the way back I took 20 west out of Elkhart to 31 south, to 30 west. I should have continued all the way to Joliet to pick up I-80 but I think instead headed north on I-65 to pick up I-80. 30 is local access, but much lower stress than taking I-80 south of Chicago and the lake.

danemayer

Dan - going that way, how bad was the stoplights on Hwy 30?
I don't remember exactly, but it was a much easier drive than I-80. There was a fair amount of stop and go on I-80 east and it looked even worse westbound. So what's a few lights?

RoadJunkie

Some of the past rallies have offered services related to rig safety, such as rig weighing. Another service that could be of benefit to towing safety is to measure rig height as rigs roll in for registration. This could be a non invasive process, although some level of consideration is required to develop the technique and process. I think we've all wanted some assurance as to the height of our rolling rigs.

divemart

Hi guys...
So, my wife and I definitely want to go to Goshen but have heard some discussion that there are only 300 sites available and those are reserved very quickly. We plan on reserving as soon as possible but are concerned that we might not be quick enough to get our spot. Are we to be worried???

thanks,
Glenn and Paula Martin - Florida Chapter

jbeletti

Hi guys...
So, my wife and I definitely want to go to Goshen but have heard some discussion that there are only 300 sites available and those are reserved very quickly. We plan on reserving as soon as possible but are concerned that we might not be quick enough to get our spot. Are we to be worried???

thanks,
Glenn and Paula Martin - Florida Chapter

Hi Glenn and Paula - There are in the area of 265 FHU sites and we will hold some of them back for vendors who will be camping there in order to vend with us.

So we'll likely open up registration with 250 FHU sites for rally attendees.

It does usually sell out fast. However, there is a waitlist process that is automated and works really well. So if you don't get registered while site are available, just get on the waitlist. No one who has ever got on the waitlist has been turned away.

I need to speak to someone to make sure we are on the roster of members. Actually I just found the email. We are members. I paid the dues. We would like to make reservations for our big rig 5th wheel as soon as this is possible. Is this going to be the place I can get that info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can subscribe to this thread to be notified of any new posts. At the top of this page you can click 'Thread Tools' then click 'Subscribe to this Thread'.
The rally reservation notice will be here on the forum but as a member you will be notified by email when the registration date arrives.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I need to speak to someone to make sure we are on the roster of members. Actually I just found the email. We are members. I paid the dues. We would like to make reservations for our big rig 5th wheel as soon as this is possible. Is this going to be the place I can get that info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are on the roster of members of the Heartland Owners Club.

No one is on the roster of registered attendees as registration will not open for all until March 1 at noon CST.

As a registered club member, you will receive an email, some days in advance of the registration opening. That email will confirm the exact date and time registration will open and the URL you'll use to register at.

It's unlikely we'll email members at the moment registration is open. The reason for that is the past has shown us that it can be hours or even many hours before all members get that email. This mail delay puts some at a disadvantage.

Instead, we push the registration info out well in advance, then we blab it all over the forum and Facebook, also in advance but also when registration opens.

pegmikef

I know that staying past Sunday is tough, but how about arriving on the 4th or 5th before the start? Will that be a problem?

jbeletti

I know that staying past Sunday is tough, but how about arriving on the 4th or 5th before the start? Will that be a problem?

Mike,

I'd say it's a good possibility that attendees that wish to come in pre-pre-rally will find they can get sites. Of course, you'd need to register for your pre-pre nights with the 4H Fairgrounds directly.

rjr6150

Mike,

I'd say it's a good possibility that attendees that wish to come in pre-pre-rally will find they can get sites. Of course, you'd need to register for your pre-pre nights with the 4H Fairgrounds directly.

Jim
Wirh that being said if one arrives pre-pre rally would they be able to stay in the site they already have when the rally starts?

jbeletti

Jim
Wirh that being said if one arrives pre-pre rally would they be able to stay in the site they already have when the rally starts?

Great question. Generally, the answer is yes. There are a few exceptions however. Here's the exceptions I can think of:

Harley's Hill

We will be putting our vendors there, so these sites are not available to attendees to register for. Pre-pre attendees on these sites will need to relocate to a site within the camping section they register for on or prior to the first pre-rally date

South Campground (Locust Street)
We will be putting our our rally core-team there. It's likely we will be there before any pre-pre attendees arrive, so there should be little impact to anyone

NW Campground
This is the only part of the property where we will be allowing attendees to reserve a specific site. If as a pre-pre attendee, you are in one of these sites, you will need to relocate prior to the pre-rally for attendees that specifically register for these sites

Jv75353

From reading through this discussion it sounds like all of sites have full hook up, does this mean water and electric only? Is there a waste water dump at the fairgrounds? Will a pump out service be offered during the rally? And roughly how long and wide are the camping sites?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
From reading through this discussion it sounds like all of sites have full hook up, does this mean water and electric only? Is there a waste water dump at the fairgrounds? Will a pump out service be offered during the rally? And roughly how long and wide are the camping sites?
Their is approx 275 sites that have
full hookups. That is Water-Electric and sewer.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

This will be our first Rally - very excited! If we register and attend for the Pre and the main Rally - will we be on the same site we get for the Pre Rally?

May be a dumb question but the dog wants to know - worried about having to adjust to new smells again.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 60

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This will be our first Rally - very excited! If we register and attend for the Pre and the main Rally - will we be on the same site we get for the Pre Rally?

May be a dumb question but the dog wants to know - worried about having to adjust to new smells again.
Check out post #213 of this thread.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Cannot go this year, but want to let people know that not to take advantage of the pre rally advents, if offered, such as the Amish dinner would be a great loss. The Amish are really great host an you will have a great time with very good food. At the rally stumbled upon Nelly who makes Nelly muffins. If she and her husband is there and they are making them, you must try one. We have enjoyed making them for our local club here in California and everyone loves them. You will to. The discount prices from the vendors are very good so take advantage of them. And one thing I would like to promote is the stained glass for the entry door. We really enjoy ours and the choices and prices are very good. Know matter what the entertainment is, if it just half a good as it was last time it will be great. You will all have a great time.

To Jim Beretti:
I have questions on the procedure for ordering a new Big Country at the rally.
We are seriously thinking about a 2018 Big Country 3560SS.
Who would the dealer be?
Does it have to be ordered at the rally, or is there a before or after rally period where you can order?
What discounts do we as Club members receive, from dealer, Heartland or both at the rally?
Could a rally special for disc brakes & independent suspension from MorRyde be included through the dealer if offered?
Lot's of questions I would like answered beforehand so I know who to talk to when I arrive.

Thanks Jim in advance for your guidance.

Hockster

Status
Not open for further replies.