2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Jim I had to give a new password. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Andy. This reminds me of something... If a person has changed their email address, which is perfectly okay to do, RegOnline may not pull up their personal info (name, address etc). Just a note. No big deal.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just a thought not sure how to check if your password works . I know a couple folks that lost out in 2015 cause their password was wrong or just didn't work. Like I said just a thought.

jbeletti

Just a thought not sure how to check if your password works . I know a couple folks that lost out in 2015 cause their password was wrong or just didn't work. Like I said just a thought.

Sorry but there's no way to check this in advance.

On March 1, doing the Forgot Password is usually very fast. Or a person can select Start New Registration.

MCTalley

So, if you wish to bring your own golf cart, feel free to do so.

As it turns out, we'll be there about 10 days. I did the math of bringing our cart up from its current storage location in Alabama using a U-Haul trailer pulled by our SUV. Trailer rental each way plus fuel for our SUV will be about the same, if not a little more, than just renting one at the venue. So a rental it is (and one less vehicle on-site).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As it turns out, we'll be there about 10 days. I did the math of bringing our cart up from its current storage location in Alabama using a U-Haul trailer pulled by our SUV. Trailer rental each way plus fuel for our SUV will be about the same, if not a little more, than just renting one at the venue. So a rental it is (and one less vehicle on-site).

I think we're going to take our bikes, but I need to buy the independent wheel stand like you guys have and carry them in the rig, or figure out how to get them in the basement. I just don't trust them on a bike rack on this longer rig.

ksucats

Independent wheel stand? I did a search on the forum and didn't get a hit so wondering what you are meaning. I'd love to take our bikes at times but have no hitch on the back of the Landmark and can't carry them in the truck. :cool:

ksucats

Ah, now I understand. That would work well for us - we could put them in the space just inside the door. Shouldn't bounce around too much as that is just forward of the wheels. :D

Thanks for the link.

Ok...I am not happy. The wife & I purchased our new 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420 (has side & rear porches). We love it! We joined the owners club to go to rallies, etc... we were just told by the Manager of the owners group that IF we come to the rally we will not be able to use our unit as it was designed... we'll not be allowed to put our either porch when parked. THAT is the reason we bought this unit. Now at a Heartland rally told we can't use it. I am both disappointed & flabbergasted at this revelation. I hope that anyone who has porches & is thinking it will be OK to put out porches during the event that they know this info BEFORE getting involved.

olcoon

It depends on what site you get. You "may" be able to use one or both if you are in the right site. But you won't be able to request a particular site unless you are able to get in the NW section. I remember at the last Goshen rally there was a toy hauler (in the NW section) that was able to use both of them. There will be some sites in other areas where possibly you could use the side or rear one.

You've got to remember this venue even though it is big (able to handle 300+ rigs) all of them are pretty tight. Sometimes depending on several things, some people can't extend their awnings fully. This rally is the big HOC event of the year, and they are trying to get the maximum amount of rigs in there possible. Even though you "probably" won't be able to use your patio's, it is still worth it to attend.

It depends on what site you get. You "may" be able to use one or both if you are in the right site. But you won't be able to request a particular site unless you are able to get in the NW section. I remember at the last Goshen rally there was a toy hauler (in the NW section) that was able to use both of them. There will be some sites in other areas where possibly you could use the side or rear one.

You've got to remember this venue even though it is big (able to handle 300+ rigs) all of them are pretty tight. Sometimes depending on several things, some people can't extend their awnings fully. This rally is the big HOC event of the year, and they are trying to get the maximum amount of rigs in there possible. Even though you "probably" won't be able to use your patio's, it is still worth it to attend.

I can think of MANY other places to go that I will enjoy myself other than a place where I cannot use my rig as designed. If you cannot guarantee the use of my entire rig, I think you have lessened my interest & all those who feel the same way. I don't think enough thought was put into this event in this regard. Thoroughly disappointed!!!
Trying to think positive about this situation...I will try to get in that section but if I am unable, we will pass on this event. Anything gained by going would be offset (in a negative way) by not being able to use our rig the way it was intended.

There are other areas on the fair grounds that are 50 amp if the NW section is not available look on the Venue map and it will show you all the area and what their amps are. Unfortunately this is such a big event that I really don't think
you would ever find a campground that would be able to accommodate all the needs and events that the committee and Heartland putnon. Jim and his crew work year round to put this event on and a lot of thought for everyone's needs are considered but unfortunately when you have almost 300 Rigs in attendance you'll not going to please everyone. I hope you are able to get what you want and come and enjoy an experience that no other club gives their members in my opinion. Good Hope to see you in June

- - - Updated - - -

There are other areas on the fair grounds that are 50 amp if the NW section is not available look on the Venue map and it will show you all the area and what their amps are. Unfortunately this is such a big event that I really don't think
you would ever find a campground that would be able to accommodate all the needs and events that the committee and Heartland put on. Jim and his crew work year round to put this event on and a lot of thought for everyone's needs are considered but unfortunately when you have almost 300 Rigs in attendance you'll not going to please everyone. I hope you are able to get what you want and come and enjoy an experience that no other club gives their members in my opinion. Hope to see you in June

- - - Updated - - -

you would ever find a campground that would be able to accommodate all the needs and events that the committee and Heartland put on. Jim and his crew work year round to put this event on and a lot of thought for everyone's needs are considered but unfortunately when you have almost 300 Rigs in attendance you'll not going to please everyone. I hope you are able to get what you want and come and enjoy an experience that no other club gives their members in my opinion. Hope to see you in June

Yes it is unfortunate! I, too, hope to participate. I was looking forward to it. We shall see...

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I can think of MANY other places to go that I will enjoy myself other than a place where I cannot use my rig as designed. If you cannot guarantee the use of my entire rig, I think you have lessened my interest & all those who feel the same way. I don't think enough thought was put into this event in this regard. Thoroughly disappointed!!!
Trying to think positive about this situation...I will try to get in that section but if I am unable, we will pass on this event. Anything gained by going would be offset (in a negative way) by not being able to use our rig the way it was intended.

There are other areas on the fair grounds that are 50 amp if the NW section is not available look on the Venue map and it will show you all the area and what their amps are. Unfortunately this is such a big event that I really don't think you would ever find a campground that would be able to accommodate all the needs and events that the committee and Heartland put on. Jim and his crew work year round to put this event on and a lot of thought for everyone's needs are considered but unfortunately when you have almost 300 Rigs in attendance you'll not going to please everyone. I hope you are able to get what you want and come and enjoy an experience that no other club gives their members in my opinion. Hope to see you in June

danemayer

Cgfireman153,

The number of facilities that can handle a rally of our size is pretty limited. And the number of facilities close to the factory is probably exactly 1. A lot of thought and an incredible amount of planning and management effort goes into making the North American Rally an amazing event that brings people back time after time.

You might ask yourself why hundreds of owners would come again and again; many traveling 2, 3, or 4 days to get there.

We were at our first Heartland Rally in Goshen in 2013.
The site we were on, I could not extend my awning all the way out.
No big deal, we extended it out as far as we could.
That being said, I would not miss this event because of a porch.
There is so much to learn at the Seminars and meeting old friends and making new ones makes up for a few minor inconveniences.
The trips to Amish country, the factory tour and RV museum are events we all look forward to.
We as Heartlanders hope you do come to the rally & and look forward to meeting you.
Hockster

jimtoo

There will be so much going on at the rally, meetings, seminars, outings and entertainment that the rv almost becomes just a place to sleep and change clothes.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There will be so much going on at the rally, meetings, seminars, outings and entertainment that the rv almost becomes just a place to sleep and change clothes.

Exactly! We spend more time out visiting others, exploring the area, attending the events and seminars, shopping, eating out with others, and riding our bikes, we are hardly ever at our rig!

When this event was created in 2006, I don't think Heartland even made toyhaulers.... much less ones with side patios.

It's more about getting together, learning, sharing, laughing, and eating... you really need to come!!!!

We have been to sites where we were told that it was going to be tight at our site...Fiesta Key Resort... they were right. If I opened my slide out window I could easily touch our neighbor's rig. I say this so you know I understand what being close is. That being said, we have the porches open for our 2 dogs while we are gone. At least we were told, for sure, that we were going to be tight but WOULD FIT with porches extended. At this rally I am from the get go being told that I probably won't be able to use our RV as intended. If they make an RV with porches, they need to accommodate these rigs SPECIFICALLY at certain locations. If not, then these larger units will learn to avoid these events. I want to attend but now it is getting more stressful. I retired to enjoy life more...not to be having anxiety over attending an event that we should be looking forward to. It should be the priority of the organizers to be more sympathetic to these unique "big rigs" they are selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.