2017 Landmark Oshkosh

TJ11

We would like your thoughts on the new 2017 Oshkosh unit. We had an issue where the bathroom door damages the bedroom door. Having two door so close together could be a on going issue. Any thoughts on the new Oshkosh would be appreciated.

'Lil Guy'

We walked thru one at rally. Didn't notice the door problem you are talking about however I did love the size and layout of the unit. Would be my next choice in moving up 1 foot at a time.lol

danemayer

Looking at the floor plan, I'm guessing the bedroom door was closed and the bathroom door was opened pretty wide and hit the bedroom door. Maybe something like a hinge pin door stop would help. Or maybe just a pin in the floor to limit how far the door opens.

phoca_thumb_l_lm_oshkosh.png

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We have the Big Country 3965dss which has basically the same front floor plan. We love the extra room provided by the slide-in-slide, but have noticed the bedroom door must be pushed wide open to close the slide. It will rub on the curved wall (backside of commode wall) and with vibration while traveling will rub and leave a mark on the door. We drape a towel over the top of the door and close the slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Our Orlando has the same layout for the bedroom door, but we have a pin near the bottom of the door that locks the door open.

HOOKERUP

We always make sure bathroom door is fully closed and bedroom door is fully open. Check the door catch on the night stand, repaired mine already.

EB3

Our bath door scraped the ceiling when fully open.I mounted a door stop in the ceiling ,epoxied in a anchor in the styrofoam. The stop is installed with pin and screw(2 points) after the anchor was set I epoxied the pin and the hole for it. Attached the stop wth the screw. No heavy load, works fine. Why in the ceiling nobody bumps into it like they would on floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk