2017 Newport in shop for over a year now!

Brandon

I have a 2018 Newport that I lived in for 6 weeks then took it to Camping World for repairs where it has been for over a year now. I’m still making the monthly payments and all the insurance payments. In October it will be out of factory warranty and I have only lived in it for 6 weeks. Not to mention I’m going on a 6 month job in Connecticut where I have to stay in a hotel at $3500 a month because my rig is still not ready.

Thanks, Brandon

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would get it from CW, never look back and take it to another repair facility.
With prior approval from Heartland you may be able to have an independent repair facility take care of it.
And FYI, legal matters are not allowed on the forum.

Peace
Dave

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is an outrage and I bet CW is the problem here once again. Sorry to hear this but as Cookie said, go get it and ask Heartland for an authorized mobile tech to fix you up.

wdk450

Brandon:
Just do some internet searching on "Camping World Service Reviews". Just about everything is negative. The profit in the RV business is in SALES, service is a poor stepchild required of the dealers by the RV manufacturers.
Like what was said before, get your rig to an Independent Businessman RV repairer (no vehicle sales) who needs to get your rig repaired quickly to keep his cash flow going, who needs your positive word-of-mouth advertising and repeat business for the stability of his company. Heartland Service keeps a list of 3rd party servicers they have successfully worked with in all areas of the country.
There is a website RVServiceReviews.com that just has postings by RVers. Be sure to post your RV service experiences (good or bad) every time to increase the knowledge base and keep it current.

MTPockets

I have a 2018 Newport that I lived in for 6 weeks then took it to Camping World for repairs where it has been for over a year now. I’m still making the monthly payments and all the insurance payments. In October it will be out of factory warranty and I have only lived in it for 6 weeks. Not to mention I’m going on a 6 month job in Connecticut where I have to stay in a hotel at $3500 a month because my rig is still not ready.

Thanks, Brandon

Is this for real? What is wrong with the Newport? A mobile tech could fix most issues... if it’s structural, Heartland would consult with you direct and it would have been on the road 11 months ago!

Brandon

Is this for real? What is wrong with the Newport? A mobile tech could fix most issues... if it’s structural, Heartland would consult with you direct and it would have been on the road 11 months ago!
The paint on the outside is severely scratched from where they washed it the heater doesn’t blow in the bedroom and front bath. I froze my butt off for 4 weeks. They say it’s a design flaw on heartlands part. Almost all the drawers won’t stay shut. The panty drawers fly open going down the road. Front toilet off floor about 1/2” and rocks. Tank clean outs don’t work. Light in bedroom keeps falling apart. Cables to living room don’t work. Fridge rubs wood work when opening. Bath door was scratched and repaired twice. Wood trim in front bath falling off. Mystery wires hanging down outside. Probably missing several other things but tired of typing. Oh and they cut the underbelly and taped it back with duck take instead of taking corraplast down. Buffed thru paint in several places. They report to heartland everything is fixed but it’s done so crappy I can’t believe I spent that much money on a Ferrari and ended up with a used Kia.

CDN

B and B
I found this in the crossover duct between the bathroom and bedroom. Both are fed from a 4 inch duct on the furnace.

The hole saw used was the wrong size. I had no heat in the bedroom or bathroom.

IMG_4946.JPGBBM-08110915119032019-3478106736.jpg

I have heat now, full 4 inch hole.

IMG_4949.JPG

CDN

B and B
My Answers in BOLD

The paint on the outside is severely scratched from where they washed it- I guess they should have the unit detailed by someone competant.

the heater doesn’t blow in the bedroom and front bath. I froze my butt off for 4 weeks. They say it’s a design flaw on heartlands part.

See post above for possible answer

Almost all the drawers won’t stay shut. The panty drawers fly open going down the road

I had this issue with some of my dresser drawers, just made the roller part of the latch proud of the trim by a fraction of an inch. I also blocked up the pantry drawers in the island so they closed correctly.

Front toilet off floor about 1/2” and rocks.

Sounds pretty easy to fix, the flange must be high

Tank clean outs don’t work.

Please explain further, do you leave the black tank valves closed till they are full?

Light in bedroom keeps falling apart.

I just screwed the light above my island to the steel structure today, it was falling down too, a drill and driver self tapping screws 2 inchs long

Cables to living room don’t work.

​Nees to trace them out, I found the connections behind the wet bay loose, under the chassis where the cable goes to the accordion for slide to move out the cable splices loose aiso found the connections behind the wall plate in the living room loose

Fridge rubs wood work when opening.

Right door on mine did this, the trim was not flush mounted, they fixed this as part of the PDI, moved trim and made room (the only thing so far the dealer did)

Bath door was scratched and repaired twice.

Scratched when slid in and out, bottom bracket might be too tight, I adjust my bedroom door so this didn't happen

Wood trim in front bath falling off.

I used a pin nailer to fix some trim.

Mystery wires hanging down outside.
Where is this located? By the stair there is a light behind the stair, I installed a brighter light today on my Louisville

Probably missing several other things but tired of typing.

Oh and they cut the underbelly and taped it back with duck take instead of taking corraplast down.

I did the same and used Tuck Tape used for building vapour barrier, stuff sticks to anything. they sell special tape for this as well. I cut a flap to to install a new waterline for the ice maker

Buffed thru paint in several places.

Sorry to say they probably had no business with a buffer

They report to heartland everything is fixed but it’s done so crappy I can’t believe I spent that much money on a Ferrari and ended up with a used Kia.

I feel for the issues you are having, I have had my new Landmark since March 1st this year and have fixed a lot of things myself, we have 1 Landmark Dealer in all of Ontario. They are not bad but with a list a page long and busy season I would be waiting till fall. I am pretty handy and rebuilt the entire basement doubling my storage space.Lots of mods too. My dealer has ordered a bunch of service parts for many things I need yet. I visit them this Thursday on the way to vacation for two weeks to get a
lower slide seal replaced and AC cover that ia cracked.

wdk450

On the drawers issue: A lot of people put good quality velcro tape on the top inside drawer/frame faces to keep the drawers shut during travel.