2018 Bighorn Questions need answers very soon

SNOKING

Something else to watch is from the 3575el up they all have 16K GVWR and get heavier as the size increases, which cuts into carrying capacity. Watch pin wait also if you have a SWR truck like ours, as larger one have increase pin weight. We use up just about all of our 3K of CC. Chris

Doogie

Well, we went with the 2018 3760 EL Bighorn! I wish I could have seen the lighter decor in person for the sofa, etc. We ended up going with the darker upholstery. We also went with the residential refrigerator/freezer, double pane windows, and two single recliners. Why the single recliners? Just in case the electronic controls went on one, and we wouldn't be able to recline it. As single items we could just replace one recliner if need be. We were told there would be a price hike this next week, so we ordered and are looking forward to its arrival in 6 weeks or so.
Again, thank you to all who shared their opinions to help us in making our final choices.
We are officially now Bighorn owners!!!
Doogie

- - - Updated - - -

Something else to watch is from the 3575el up they all have 16K GVWR and get heavier as the size increases, which cuts into carrying capacity. Watch pin wait also if you have a SWR truck like ours, as larger one have increase pin weight. We use up just about all of our 3K of CC. Chris

We have a diesel 350 Ford. Hope that is appropriate! Papa Doogie is in charge of that department!
I will share information with Papa!
Doogie

SNOKING

Well, we went with the 2018 3760 EL Bighorn! I wish I could have seen the lighter decor in person for the sofa, etc. We ended up going with the darker upholstery. We also went with the residential refrigerator/freezer, double pane windows, and two single recliners. Why the single recliners? Just in case the electronic controls went on one, and we wouldn't be able to recline it. As single items we could just replace one recliner if need be. We were told there would be a price hike this next week, so we ordered and are looking forward to its arrival in 6 weeks or so.
Again, thank you to all who shared their opinions to help us in making our final choices.
We are officially now Bighorn owners!!!
Doogie

- - - Updated - - -

We have a diesel 350 Ford. Hope that is appropriate! Papa Doogie is in charge of that department!
I will share information with Papa!
Doogie

Is the 350 a duallie? What year? Chris

NYSUPstater

I thought that mfr's only did price hikes at beginning of season (Feb/Mar area)? Once they do, prices set for 1 year or so I thought. We went w/ the dark color avail w/ the BC and dual elect theatre seats. Had factory install carpet in living room area rather than stock "vinyl" flooring. The dark colors are not all that bad and the carpet does seem to add some degree of "brightness" to the LR. Like other's, we've had guests and once they sit in the theatre seats it's hard to get them out. Camping is getting too dang rough! LOL

CoveredWagon

I thought that mfr's only did price hikes at beginning of season (Feb/Mar area)? Once they do, prices set for 1 year or so I thought. We went w/ the dark color avail w/ the BC and dual elect theatre seats. Had factory install carpet in living room area rather than stock "vinyl" flooring. The dark colors are not all that bad and the carpet does seem to add some degree of "brightness" to the LR. Like other's, we've had guests and once they sit in the theatre seats it's hard to get them out. Camping is getting too dang rough! LOL

I hope you didn't let them use the heat and massage

CDN

B and B
We bought our 2017 off the lot. We have the saddle interior and like it as well. I have a 2016 F 350 CCC 3600 lbs SRW FX4 Lariet. No issues fully loaded at al. Truck settles down and is level fully loaded with 65 gallons of water. We carry a generator in truck bed and a box of firewood. I say give it a try first before changing trucks. Oh yeah I do not have air bags and see no need right now.

3760EL

We have a 2016 3760 EL. Only thing I would add is double pain windows and a awning over the large windows. This our 3rd 5th wheel and love it. Changed our king bed to a queen for more room. Add 3 inch blocks under leveling pads and you will never bottom out your leveling system.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

I hope you didn't let them use the heat and massage

Sadly we did. But they stayed in them for a just a short while. Then rest of family came in as it was stinkin' hot out and that was another story. 2 in theatre seats zonked out, 3 on sofa half asleep, few others at kit table, another on floor. Oh as for the 1st 2 that sat in the seats, they ended up walking around CG and then sat outside.

CoveredWagon

Sadly we did. But they stayed in them for a just a short while. Then rest of family came in as it was stinkin' hot out and that was another story. 2 in theatre seats zonked out, 3 on sofa half asleep, few others at kit table, another on floor. Oh as for the 1st 2 that sat in the seats, they ended up walking around CG and then sat outside.

LOL fortunately I have little family near by and friends, well 😉. We haven't let anyone know about the couch being able to be turned into a bed. We tell everyone our unit ONLY sleeps two and I'll be darned if I'm giving up MY massage recliner. 😡

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We only let someone sleep on our pull-out sofa once. Took up the whole back end of the trailer and her stuff was every where. The air mattress has been removed and our rig now only sleeps two adults and one cat (since the passing of Max).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

If and if anyone does get to sleep there they better plan on getting their sleep around my time line. LOL 😂 Like I stay up late and watch movies/tv in the living room, get up early and make coffee, and etc etc . Hehehehe. DW says I'm mean. Actually I'm in bed by 10 😉

EWG

As a prospective BH owner, on slide out awnings, I understand the benefits, I have heard the wind can take them out. Any thoughts on this? On the second awning, how many of you out there wish they had one? On a generator, 55 or 65 LP? Thanks in advance.

CoveredWagon

As a prospective BH owner, on slide out awnings, I understand the benefits, I have heard the wind can take them out. Any thoughts on this? On the second awning, how many of you out there wish they had one? On a generator, 55 or 65 LP? Thanks in advance.

we have slide out toppers, wouldn't be without them

Paradise2

Def extra awning! if it get windy just put it in or if you leave for an extended amount of time put them in. As for 55 or 65LP def 65..more amp.

esscobra

would not be without toppers- esp in texas or anywhere is south with sun and heat

the second awning has been so great- glad I got it

nobody will ever complain about having to much power - if you want to be able to run everything and not trip breakers or run to shut things off to run something else
reminder - the propane gens are 15-20% less powerful due to nature of btu in fuel- so def get the 6.5 or run a gas one- I put a 7k fuel injected one I mine and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.JPG
    IMG_8590.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 53

Roxi

2017 3760el- picked up in late feb- love the windows for view- and the extra height is way better - also have the 2nd awnig and dual pane windows- so as above very happy with windows and dual shades - very few minor issues so far and very happy

We'll be getting our 2018 3760EL in a couple weeks and are considering adding the second awning on the big slide. We'll be living in it near Memphis, and think it might help with the heat. Can you give me an idea of what they charge to add it? Also, any thoughts on slide toppers? Thanks in advance!

Piperflyer

We'll be getting our 2018 3760EL in a couple weeks and are considering adding the second awning on the big slide. We'll be living in it near Memphis, and think it might help with the heat. Can you give me an idea of what they charge to add it? Also, any thoughts on slide toppers? Thanks in advance!

I had the second awning added to mine for $675 and what a difference it makes. Would not order a RV without slide toppers