2019 Heartland Big Country Satellite

sbowman3

I just purchased a 2019 Heartland Big Country. Have lots of questions on how to hook up my directv. There is a single connector that I found works for cable TV to be used as is. My questions is: IF I have a portable satellite, do I hook it into one of the four connections that are pre wired for satellite, or do I hook into the single connector for cable. Are the four satellite connectors outside prewired just for satellite on the roof, or is this where I plug in for my portable satellite. Also, inside, where do I hook my Directv box. Do I simply plug it into the "satellite" connector. I can't get t the back of my TV, it is pre wired, and has two cables going into a splitter, to one connector Very confused.

danemayer

Hi sbowman3,

Satellite signals will not get through the cable TV connection, but will get blocked by the signal booster. So you want to use the 4 connectors that are in a row. I've attached a drawing of how my 2011 Rushmore connectors are set up. Yours are probably the same. BUT, it's pretty easy in manufacturing for cables to get hooked up differently, so your first connection attempt might not work.

You might also benefit from taking a look at our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide - Mid 2017. Satellite starts on page 49. Your setup is probably similar.

When you first set up, it's a good practice to run the coax from the dish directly to the receiver to test out the dish and receiver and coax. After it's working, then route it through the RV's wiring.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

sbowman3

I just purchased a 2019 Heartland Big Country. Have lots of questions on how to hook up my directv. There is a single connector that I found works for cable TV to be used as is. My questions is: IF I have a portable satellite, do I hook it into one of the four connections that are pre wired for satellite, or do I hook into the single connector for cable. Are the four satellite connectors outside prewired just for satellite on the roof, or is this where I plug in for my portable satellite. Also, inside, where do I hook my Directv box. Do I simply plug it into the "satellite" connector. I can't get t the back of my TV, it is pre wired, and has two cables going into a splitter, to one connector Very confused.

Thanks for the input. I'm still wondering if I just plug my directv box into the satellite connector.

mlpeloquin

In my Big Horn, I have a high def satellite dish powered by a Direct TV power supply and DTV power pass/splitter. This is mounted in the UDC and the outputs of splitter are connected to the living room and bedroom TVs. I did this so I can use the 115V socket in the UDC to power the DTV satellite power supply. I have the big eight DTV splitter. For my model the RF connector for the satellite in the living room is the bottom one and the top is the antenna/park cable. For the bedroom the satellite is the bottom RF connector coming out of the TV amp. You have to move the RF cable from the top RF connector which is the TV/park cable output to the bottom RF connector. Big Horn and Big Country are simmular, but each model is different. The power supply is connected to the splitter using the power pass RF output connection and the satellite dish is also connected to the other power pass connector RF input.

Gaffer

If all you want is Sat on the living room TV it gets very simple. There should be 4 sat inputs in the UDC. Two for the roof and one each for living room and bedroom. Find the one for the living room and connect to that. The other end of it should be in a cabinet near the tv.

sbowman3

If all you want is Sat on the living room TV it gets very simple. There should be 4 sat inputs in the UDC. Two for the roof and one each for living room and bedroom. Find the one for the living room and connect to that. The other end of it should be in a cabinet near the tv.

The other end is in a cabinet. My question is, there are two coxal cables going into a splitter, with one coming out of the splitter which goes into the cable connector. There is a connector for satellite. Do I screw the dirctv box to the satellite connector, and remove the single cable going into cable connector and hook into back of directv box.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Your tv should have come from the factory with the tv already connected for cable. The remaining coaxial connection would be for the sat box. In all of the rigs we have ever owned we have never had to disconnect anything from a splitter to get our system working.

danemayer

In the living room, you need a coax cable from the satellite connector on the wall plate, to the coax input of the satellite receiver. Then you need a separate cable, probably HDMI, from satellite receiver to the TV.

If your trailer has a 2nd, nearby wall plate with HDMI connector, you may be able to plug the HDMI output of the receiver into that because it's probably pre-wired to the TV. If not, you'll probably have to pull the TV away from the wall to make the HDMI connection on the TV.

Does your satellite receiver have HDMI output? It'd have to be pretty old to not have HDMI.