2021 - Goshen Rally - Cancelled

jbeletti

UPDATE: 11-Feb-2021

The 2021 North American Heartland Owners Rally is officially cancelled.

As we were unable to secure any 2022 dates to reschedule the 2021 rally, we've made the decision to cancel this rally altogether. We will resume the North American Heartland Owners Rally as already planned in June of 2023.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and I look forward to seeing some of you at smaller Chapter rallies over the next two years.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Dear Heartlanders,

Sadly, we have made the decision to defer the 2021 North American Heartland Owners Rally.

This decision was based primarily for Health Safety reasons and as we got further into the current compliance requirements, it became clearer that an event of this type and size was going to be nearly impossible to do and remain compliant with state, county and venue mandates. And while it’s possible that the State of Indiana may lift all restrictions by June, it’s unlikely.

We’re working with the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds to secure replacement dates for 2022. We’ve been told there are no June 2022 dates available. We also know the Fair is held in July - so that’s out too. If there are any dates available for May, late summer or early fall 2022, we may explore them. If not, then we’ll defer until the planned June 2023 dates.

When a new plan is made, we’ll post it on the Heartland Owners Forum and the Heartland Owners Club Facebook page.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any questions about this or just want to discuss it, kindly do so as a Reply in this thread.

Jim Beletti

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: 2021 - Goshen Rally - Deferred

Sad, but unfortunately necessary right now to keep all of our members safe...when we get back together it will be that much more fun!

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders

[FONT=&quot]Disappointed, but understand completely. Thanks, Jim; you put a lot of work into 2021 already, and it must be disappointing for you, too.

Lyle[/FONT]

ZNK

Just trying to figure out how other rallies, shows, and sporting events have had spectators and attendees without an issue and Heartland wont allow a rally where social distancing happens naturally? For instance the super bowl just had 25,000 spectators in one venue, the quartzite RV show went off without a hitch. I figured a rally with limited attendance would make more sense, those that have higher risk probably wouldn't attend anyways. Just my thoughts. This is a big loss. Was gonna be my last National for awhile.

danemayer

Just trying to figure out how other rallies, shows, and sporting events have had spectators and attendees without an issue and Heartland wont allow a rally where social distancing happens naturally? For instance the super bowl just had 25,000 spectators in one venue, the quartzite RV show went off without a hitch. I figured a rally with limited attendance would make more sense, those that have higher risk probably wouldn't attend anyways. Just my thoughts. This is a big loss. Was gonna be my last National for awhile.

ZNK,

Most of the usual events in the rally and in the pre-rally involve having a lot of people crammed into small spaces. Bus tours. Amish dinners, catered meals in the rally building with hundreds of people sitting together and eating (without masks). Standing in lines for buffets. Groups in close proximity at region meet and greets. Touring new trailers and visiting vendor spaces.

Add in the likely restrictions and it's all a mess.

porthole

Retired

We can't even go but still disappointed for the owners that have never experienced the Goshen rally.

jbeletti

Hi Zak - hope you guys are well in Wisconsin.

As Dan mentioned, distancing is a big issue for us here. I would not consider putting a national rally on with fewer than 100 rigs. Add in a few vendors, a few catering staff and a few service employees and we're just under 250 people in the rally hall that restriction level Blue would allow and we're not to Blue yet. Now add in 6 feet of separation in the rally hall at 60" round tables and fitting that many people in there and it just doesn't work.

Same for the vendor hall and to a lesser degree and more controllable, display coaches.

Chapter rallies will be different in the sense that way fewer people are involved and in some cases, most activities are outdoors. Depending on state, local and venue mandates, we expect that our Chapter Leaders will be able to proceed with their planned events - 18 thus far. That said, each will have to make their own decision based on local conditions at the time of the event.

That all said and all stars aligning - I hope to see you and your family at the Wisconsin rally this August.

Sorry to hear that the rally is cancelled, but under uncertain conditions we understand.
Thank you Jim and crew for all you have done, and continue to do for us Heartlanders.
So far we still have the state rallies, and will see some of y’all there.
We’re signed up for the Alabama & Michigan Rallies & when the PAL Team posts the Indiana rally also plan on that one.
We may be down, but not out.

Hockster

jbeletti

Sorry to hear that the rally is cancelled, but under uncertain conditions we understand.
Thank you Jim and crew for all you have done, and continue to do for us Heartlanders.
So far we still have the state rallies, and will see some of y’all there.
We’re signed up for the Alabama & Michigan Rallies & when the PAL Team posts the Indiana rally also plan on that one.
We may be down, but not out.

Hockster

I love your attitude Gary. Have a great time at Chapter rallies and I'll see you in Michigan. You should consider coming to the Wisconsin rally. Terry and Jackie always put on a great rally. And you'll be able to see me again :)

jbeletti

We can't even go but still disappointed for the owners that have never experienced the Goshen rally.

Thanks for your sentiment friend. I hope all you have planned this year pans out. See you down the road somewhere.

jbeletti

Sad, but unfortunately necessary right now to keep all of our members safe...when we get back together it will be that much more fun!
You're right on all accounts my friend! Hope to see you Ken when you head north.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

thanks for the info and all the hard work. We had been discussing how it could possibly work for some time now. Not a huge surprise but will sure miss all that fun and comradery with new and old friends. Stay safe all and hope to see some of you this summer at the North Central State Rallies.

rjr6150

Jim
Sorry to hear the rally has been canceled. Though based on current trends in my opinion it was a intelligent move to keep all involved safe and healthy.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Sad but understandable. Until this virus is under control, folks' health is the main concern at this time. Hope to rally-on in the future. Stay safe everyone.

Always enjoy seeing you Jim.
I have organized a few things in my day, but nothing on the magnitude of a National Rally.
I can appreciate the time and effort you have put into all the rallies and can imagine your disappointment at the turn of events on this one.
If anyone can figure out our next move, it’s you.
I know behind the scenes it must be nerve wracking most days for you planing these events, but you always present a “I’m in control” public facade.
Keep up the great work Jim and know we as members are all right behind you.
Onward and upward we all go.

Hockster

jbeletti

UPDATED: 11-Feb-2021

The 2021 North American Heartland Owners Rally has been cancelled.

See this thread for more information and to discuss.

As we were unable to secure any 2022 dates to reschedule the 2021 rally, we've made the decision to cancel this rally altogether. We will resume the North American Heartland Owners Rally as already planned in June of 2023.[/COLOR]

Thank you everyone for your understanding and I look forward to seeing some of you at smaller Chapter rallies over the next two years.

Jim Beletti

Niles

Sad, but sure is understandable, Jim you and your crew put so much into these events. I'm sure you're disappointed more than anyone. With any luck this covid will get under control and life will go on. I refuse to think we can't beat this, and it takes tough decisions to go forward so it can get better. Thanks Jim

jbeletti

Sad, but sure is understandable, Jim you and your crew put so much into these events. I'm sure you're disappointed more than anyone. With any luck this covid will get under control and life will go on. I refuse to think we can't beat this, and it takes tough decisions to go forward so it can get better. Thanks Jim
Thanks Niles. Great to hear from you. Hope you and Deb are well. Also your son with the toyhauler - forget his name. Hope to see you down the road!