2023 Milestone 386BH Total Junk

We are one month in owning our brand new 386BH.

This thing is a total pile of garbage. It has already been back to the dealer for non working solar and inverter. We still had plugs not working, which I was able to find and fix.

On our first trip, all the pantry shelves collapsed, one upper kitchen cabinet top collapsed, and side panel of the fridge came off. We also had a valve stem fail on one tire.

The stove lights do not work. The outside stove does not work. The touch screen thing is a joke as is the leveling system.

Not to mention every other outside compartment lock was installed wrong where when you turned the key it would not lock.

I think burning 60 grand in my grill would be more fun than hauling this stapled together trashcan.

Am I alone on this? Did I just get a dud?

rhodies1

They all have problems but this seems excessive. Get you VIN number and contact Heartland with the list of issues Remember you get more right sugar than salt. If you fly off the handle at the Customer Service person they can shut your request down fast. Calmly explain all the issues and ask for support in getting them repaired asap. If you don’t feel you are getting satisfaction… ask for the Milestone MGR. Hopefully you don’t have to go that far.

They all have problems but this seems excessive. Get you VIN number and contact Heartland with the list of issues Remember you get more right sugar than salt. If you fly off the handle at the Customer Service person they can shut your request down fast. Calmly explain all the issues and ask for support in getting them repaired asap. If you don’t feel you are getting satisfaction… ask for the Milestone MGR. Hopefully you don’t have to go that far.
Thanks. I am trying to not loose my cool. I have tried calling Hearland several times, but everything I select the existing owner option I get hung up on. I have sent several emails from the website as well. I did finally get a response from them this morning requesting my VIN number.

I have zero confidence in the dealer I purchased the RV from as it appears they delivered the unit with zero dealer prep. After sitting a week for the broken solar and inverter it came back with all the plugs not working in the front bedroom and the bonus of a broken propane strap.

This is our third RV... all of our prior ones we purchased used. I expected some "bugs" but I did not expect to have to rebuild the RV.

I have to figure out something with the sliding "barn" door in the bunkhouse. It comes off the track while in transit and binds up with the right slideout.

rhodies1

Most dealers aren’t worth the time of day AfTER the sale. Work with Heartland. Ask them if you can get a mobile tech to come to your address or Campground to address your problems. You may have to pay the travel time to your location but quite often HeSrtlsnd will approve. Get approved in writing via text or email if they approve.

taskswap

I have a video on Youtube for our Milestone where it took me an hour to walk through everything that was wrong. I missed a few things so I made a follow-up.

Go check your back-room sliding barn door hardware. Ours was just stapled, vertically from the bottom, to a thin piece of trim. It's a very heavy door and ours failed, almost landing on one of our daughters. I have a video somewhere on reinforcing that if you want it.

RoadJunkie

The key to getting a well built coach is to avoid emotional attachment during your introduction to the unit. It's a must to wipe the excitement away and look objectively at every detail. Even by doing this through pre-delivery inspection you are likely to still have some problems, but you have to be ready to walk away from, what you may think, is a super shiny trouble-free experience. Fix what you can by yourself and don't get caught up in a process of demanding that they fix it because you spent good $$$$ on the unit. That money is gone.