21FBS Hitch Ball Height?

Restofrank

I am looking for the manufactures recomendation for the hitch ball for a 2014 North Trail 21FBS I bought a new truck and it sets higher than my old truck, and I don't have it anymore to compare.

Thanks,
Frank

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am looking for the manufactures recomendation for the hitch ball for a 2014 North Trail 21FBS I bought a new truck and it sets higher than my old truck, and I don't have it anymore to compare.

Thanks,
Frank

I think you'll have to level the trailer, then measure the height.

That is what I had to do last year when I bought a new truck while we still had our bumper pull trailer.

I ended up buying a new drop-down as the one I used on my two previous trucks didn't drop down enough and the nose of the trailer was high!

TruckCamperHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_132314121.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg NewTruckHitchInAZ.jpg

Before and after . . . and the new drop-down.

'Lil Guy'

I'm assuming you have a WDH for your truck. It should be adjustable up and down. Look on you tube to see how the height is set. Like John said, measure the receiver on your TT while it is level and then set the ball height as needed. I don't remember but I think it can be 1" higher. The WDH will then be used to level the truck. Good luck.

pegmikef

On my North Trail, I had the EAZ-Lift WD hitch and the instructions for the ball height were: with the both the TV and Trailer level, the ball should be 1/8th inch higher than the tongue's ball cup for each hundred pounds of tongue weight . . . e.g., for 800 pounds of tongue weight it would be 1 inch. This is to allow for the TV "squat" factor when the tongue is lowered on to the ball. When correct, with the WD hitch hooked up, both the TV and trailer should be level.

'Lil Guy'

I think you're right. I had the same hitch. So, if you measure form from the bottom of the trailer tongue to the ground and the base of the ball on your TV to the ground, the TV should be about 1/2 inch higher. When you hook up, it is going to still squat the truck. That's where the WDH is used to level the ride. After rereading the beginning post, it sounds like Retofrank is looking for a drop hitch. The ball size is 2 5/16. I think the tongue weight on the 21FBS is just under 400 unloaded.
BTW, the 21FBS is a nice TT.