26 LRSS Ownere: Question about shower

We bought a new 26 LRSS a few months ago, and on our first trip we noticed that the plastic sheeting on the wall of the shower wasn't firmly caulked into the shower pan. Since we were concerned that water could leak under the pan and rot the floor, we didn't use the shower, opting for the shower room at the campground instead.

I returned the trailer to the dealer for this and some other small items that we discovered, and yesterday when I went to pick it up after repairs, I was told that the shower wall/pan gap was normal, and that the pan has a vertical lip behind the wall that prevents water from getting behind or under it.

So, 26 LRSS owners, is your shower wall/pan tightly caulked or not? I would like to verify what they are telling me, and if you all have the same condition, I will stop being worried about it.

danemayer

Hi KingNothing,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I expect you'll get some feedback shortly.

mbopp

For once, the dealer is right. Our last 2 trailers had the same shower enclosure with uncaulked walls and they never leaked.
But a "soft" shower floor is another issue cured by installing some additional support or blocking under the shower pan.

bnm

Is that because the floor goes up, behind the walls which overlap? I had the same gap and bought a 30 year silicon caulk and filled it in. Took about 3 times to get a nice clean seal. Even went up the sides half way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is that because the floor goes up, behind the walls which overlap? I had the same gap and bought a 30 year silicon caulk and filled it in. Took about 3 times to get a nice clean seal. Even went up the sides half way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

According to what the dealer told me, yes that is the case.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous Heartland Trail Runner and current Prowler both had the same shower setup and no leaks.

However, in the Trail Runner it did have the spongy floor.

Wedged a couple of pieces of 2x4's under there and that stopped.

The Prowler, even though it is the same shower, is flush to the floor without the access panel on the front (like in the Trail Runner), so the floor is nice and solid.

We did have a small leak in the shower of the Trail Runner, and it turned out that the shower faucet was not sealed and the four screws that held it to the shower stall were all stripped.

ShowerHandleStillLeakingUnderShower-IMG_1359.jpg

Beachguy

We just purchased a "new" 2015 26RBSS that had been on the lot a while. First time wife used the shower the clear caulking between the lower wall and shower came off in one strip. They were supposed to have re-sealed it....I received no such explanation. But promise you, either they will or I will,.
as far as the floor, that was something I was alerted to here on the forum. It was on my list and it's going back to dealer next week as the replacement faucets are in.
BUT, we're going camping this weekend. :cool: