2nd Unit?

tljack

I see a note attached to the bedroom ceiling vent of my 2013 Rad Warrior 305 that there is a connection for an air conditioner there. I realize that RV air conditioners will only cool so much but our bedroom does not get very cool. Would it be practical to add a 2nd unit to our RW? Is there actually power for an AC unit where I describe at the vent and would we find much cooling improvement?

Rickhansen

Yep, and Yep. Can't comment on Oregon's weather, but a second A/C is a necessity in the Southeast or Southwest.

Westwind

Be Careful - I had a Penguin low profile 13500K, It is so noisy, we only use it to cool the trailer down when we are gone or watching TV at night and want to shut down the main AC. Check around, there have got to be quieter AC's out there and if I were to do it again I would pay more and get quiet. I'd check out the new Atwoods. But I don't know if I'd have something installed unless I could listen to it in another trailer. Mine is installed in the bedroom vent hole and is direct vented into the bedroom so that doesn't help.

http://rvdailyreport.com/News/ctl/A...r-Command-air-conditioners-now-available.aspx

Rickhansen

I agree. The Penguin is noisy. We run ours during the day along with the main unit, or for cool down only. At night, the main unit keeps up alright though, so it is not an issue for us.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We're a big fan of a 2nd a/c in the bedroom. It's a stand along unit that's not ducted into the main system. Yes, it's a little noisy but we love that extra noise to drown out noisy neighbors who like to talk late into the night. This is the 3rd coach that we have added the bedroom a/c and unless a future coach comes already installed a 2nd unit, we would add it.