30 amp for my Bighorn

divedreamer

Hi everybody,
I was wondering if a Feb, Mar, Apr stay in north eastern Colorado would be possible on a 30 service. Since I wont be running air I thought maybe I could swing it. I have a job there during that time and want to stay as close as possible. 30 amp service is all that is available without driving every day. Thanks for your thoughts
Brad

wdk450

Brad:
I have learned to live on 30 amp service summer and winter. You just have to think about what is in use when turning on the big loads like the microwave, a toaster or electrical heater, or the air conditioning. The furnace runs off 12 volts from the converter, and the blower really doesn't pull that much. Converting all lighting you can to LED really cuts down on the 12 volt pull there, too.

I invested in a Progressive Industries Electrical management System which protects the rig and connected devices (TV, microwave, converter, etc) from damage due to electrical spikes, surges and sags. The side benefit of having this is that it has a remote display which I mounted in the inside control panel which continuously reads out the voltage on each supply leg (they are tied together in the adapter for 30 amp service), AND THE CURRENT DRAW ON EACH LEG.

Here is a link to the EMS: http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems_hw50c.htm

Here is a picture of the EMS with the readout (same picture is on the webpage):
Progressive EMS.jpg

GOTTOYS

I ran a park model for 10 years on a 30 amp service. There are still a lot of old houses that are running on a 30 amp service. Unless you get carried away with electric heat, you should have no problems at all...Don

ramdually4100king

We full time on 30 amps. As it has been said you just have to watch the usage. We can run the fireplace(750w), another electric heater(750w), the electric water heater, and the washer/dryer at the same time. Do not start the microwave or you go dark... Ask mizmary about that.

rjr6150

Hey divedreamer
Where in northeastern Co. Will you be. We're right on the border with Ne.