30 or 50 amp?

Stormy61

Hi, all -- New here with my first post. In a few months, I'm buying a 2016 Heartland Prowler 32P-BHS bumper pull with two slides. The person I'm buying it from doesn't know anything about campers, and cannot tell me, so I'm asking here: Does this model have 30 or 50 amp electrical? Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that 30 Amp is standard and 50 Amp is an option fot that model.
Look at the plug end of the shore power cord. Three prongs = 30 Amp, four prongs = 50 Amp.

Peace
Dave

Stormy61

Thanks so much! I was able to check with the seller and indeed, the one I’m getting is a stock 30 amp. Really appreciate the reply!

jerryjay11

Be aware! Sounds like you haven't seen this camper in person, so my advice is not committing until you do. Grab a checklist from the internet before looking at it. I'd be very cautious buying an RV from someone who knows nothing about RV''s. My first question, "Has it been maintained properly?" Then, "How did this guy come about having a camper tom sell?"

Torque Man

Also be aware that 30 amp is 120 volts and 50 amp is 240 volts. Making this mistake can cost you $$$$ in repairs.

Stormy61

Thanks, J
Be aware! Sounds like you haven't seen this camper in person, so my advice is not committing until you do. Grab a checklist from the internet before looking at it. I'd be very cautious buying an RV from someone who knows nothing about RV''s. My first question, "Has it been maintained properly?" Then, "How did this guy come about having a camper tom sell?"
Thanks, Jerry. I’m buying the camper from my sister, who got it as part of a property purchase. She went thru it and said it looked clean and in good shape. I told her what to look for, having been full time nomadic for nearly six years. And I’m getting it for about 2/3 of its street value. At any rate, it would be difficult for it to not be in better shape than my current rig, so I’m willing to take that chance. This will be my fourth camper, so I feel confident I’m making a good decision