300C problems

Urban350

Well it is almost 1 year since we purchased our 300C and these are the problems we have had, some minor some I would consider major.

- Water leak into basement when filling fresh water tank, whole in filler tube, fixed by dealer.
- Furnace running off high limit switch, extra heat vent added, 3 times to purchase dealer, fixed by none Hearthland dealer.
- Water leak above king pin while sitting so much water that it broke the king pin cover, taking to dealer soon.
- Water leak in the basement, taking to dealer.
- Noisy water pump, dealer tried once, fixed by me, loose intake connection.
- Trailer too low for a stock 08 F350, fixed by me.
- Shower leak, dealer tried once, fixed by me.
- Decals peeling off, dealer waiting for parts.
- Toy lock, dealer waiting for my second one.
- Living room slide gouging floor, going to the dealer soon.
- Broken closet door latch, going to dealer.
- Broken pot and pan drawer bracing, dealer tried to fix with grey spray foam???, fixed by me.
- AM/FM radio replaced, fixed by dealer.
- Build in vacuum suction hose kinked, fixed by me.
- Heat pump did not work, fixed by dealer.
- Circuit breaker for hydraulic front jacks kept tripping while lifting trailer dealer replaced breaker with 80 amp fuse???
- Front landing gear switch failed, replaced by me.
- Rear stabilizer jack motor not working, parts on order.
- Bedroom slide switch sticking, going to dealer.
- A few other minor things that I have fixed myself

I am wondering if this is normal because I have had 3 other sob trailers new and this one has to be the worse and the most expensive. Sorry for the rant.

One more rant brakes are poor and this trailer should have at least 2 8000 lb axles or be a triple axle.

danemayer

Hi Tim and Bev,

I hope you've been getting some enjoyment out of using your Cyclone, to offset the frustration of dealing with the problems you've had.

I can't help but notice a theme regarding the quality service you're getting from the dealer. You might want to call Heartland Customer Service to find if there are other authorized servicers near you. After warranty, when you have to pay for repairs, having a good tech would go a long way.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tim, I agree with Dan. Seems to be a lot of water leaks and issues with a pump that was replaced by a dealer. Get a hold of HL directly and make sure your taken care of before you warranty runs out. Yes we have had our share of issues but to me if you have one of these you are going to have issues. JMHO.

BarneyFife

Urban350. Maybe you and I should start a support group or something. :D

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30989-My-Saga-Continues

71stang99

Great idea I know there would be more then just the 2 of us :(

I posted my thoughts on this particular model and the associated issues with it (within this thread). It violated the rules of the forum and was deleted under that pretense. If you are a member of another forum and have started a thread there I will be more than happy to chime in on what I have found and the cooralating issues with your unit (and at least one other forum member) just PM me the site if you have done so.

CrazyCooter

You guys have had problems with your 300C? :confused:

Never heard of a problem with that particular make or model......:p

Urban350

I am going to add a few more things to my list. The brakes have had there internal springs fall out, 2 blisters tires, the paint on the nose is peeling of.

Last edited:

71stang99

I think the writing is on the wall, in HUGE letters for me:

For Sale CHEAP! 2011 Cyclone 300c

I am going to add a few more things to my list. The brakes have had theinternal springs fall out, 2 blisters tires, the paint on the nose is peeling of.

I better get my rig up for sale soon to beat the rush it sounds like. I, too, have a 2012 Cyclone 300C that I have owned for 6 mos, but has been in the shop for for almost 5 of those months.... I'm heartbroken (pun somewhat intended - you gotta have some survival humor) but also literally. We loved this floorplan and had intended to have this trailer for a long time to come. Hoping Heartland is going to make things right....... :,(

Last edited:
In all fairness, I should correct myself. It hasn't been almost 5 months, we've owned the trailer for almost 6 months and it's been in the shop for almost 4 months (it just feels like 5 months +). We've only gotten to use it 3-4 times and each time had a problem. I really don't necessarily want to sell my trailer, I just want it to work so we can try and enjoy it. My DH and I are sooo frustrated and feel like we are getting the run around all the time - we're told one thing by the dealership and then another from Heartland. We expected to have to have to deal with a few tweeks - this isn't our first trailer and know that "new" doesn't mean "perfect," but we certainly didn't expect anything like this. We had our previous trailer, a Keystone, for over 10 years. It was in great condition and over the course of us owning it only had a few minor things come up which were fixed and we moved on. Man, I miss that trailer..........thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Hang in there. Work with HL and it should all work out. Sounds like your dealer is not working with HL very well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SCPOBob

I am hoping that those of you that have had issues are the unfortunate outliers from the production line and are not the norm (other than comments on incorrect weight labels, 7K vs 8k axles, 2 vs 3 axles, etc...these sound like design decisions that "shouldn't" affect our families safety) as I am picking up my 2012 (came off the line Sept '12) unit next weekend. I for one are expecting something greater in terms of quality from Heartland, hence my decision to by a 300C...that being said I am edging my bet that any issues I encounter will be covered by my standard and extended warranty.

wino2

luv2trailer, to bad we don't have the Lemon Law in California covering RV"S like they do on Cars.

dave10a

Great idea I know there would be more then just the 2 of us :(

I have not counted the issues I have had but I suspect we are probably tied :eek:. I am fortunate that I have been able to correct the problems myself. DW seems to get more frustrated than I do about the issues after paying as much as we did for the unit. I suspect that after a year of problem solving and re-engineering, the trailer will be a better unit. However, it keeps me challenged and out of DW's hair. I am able to enjoy it regardless of the issues.

BarneyFife

Since misery loves company, I have to add to my long list of failures since we last posted. In the past two months:

1. The water pump has failed. (third time)
2. Rear landing gear failed.
3. Of course, that TowMax tire blowout that damaged the side panel and fender.
4. The bedroom AC is making a terrible grinding sound and won't run.
5. Now it appears our converter has gone bad last week.

Because of the converter, we're just going to "day-trip" our next race (no camper) and our final race, we'll just have to miss. I knew it was just me for awhile but now the wife and kids hate this camper as much as I do. That takes a lot for them.

I have emailed my dealer and awaiting to hear from them for when they can get me in to begin repairs. Of course, my sad one-year warranty ran out five months ago.

2psnapod2

Heartland has no control over products they buy, thinking they work as promised. It would be nice if all these products worked. But sometimes it seems like its Heartlands fault but really, its other manufactures that mostly makes Heartlands products look bad.

Since misery loves company, I have to add to my long list of failures since we last posted. In the past two months:

1. The water pump has failed. (third time)
2. Rear landing gear failed.
3. Of course, that TowMax tire blowout that damaged the side panel and fender.
4. The bedroom AC is making a terrible grinding sound and won't run.
5. Now it appears our converter has gone bad last week.

Because of the converter, we're just going to "day-trip" our next race (no camper) and our final race, we'll just have to miss. I knew it was just me for awhile but now the wife and kids hate this camper as much as I do. That takes a lot for them.

I have emailed my dealer and awaiting to hear from them for when they can get me in to begin repairs. Of course, my sad one-year warranty ran out five months ago.

dave10a

Most of my problems were lack of attention to detail and basic manufacturing technique and engineering. One problem was the vendors that Heartland selected. That selection was not based on performance or quality. The major items like refrigerator, washer/dryer, converter, water pump, toilet, sinks, AC, water heater and furnace are acceptable. The cabinetry is not robust enough to handle traveling well. I had to reinforce the drawer bottoms and the vanity mirror in the bedroom was very poorly attached. The bathroom door was hung by someone that had too many beers for lunch. I shimmed it up to ensure privacy. The TV's are a reputable vendor (Toshiba), but low end and the sound system was not a known vendor(Genesis) while lacking quality and performance. It would be nice if Heartland would provide more information as to what they are supplying so one could have a choice to up-grade. I would pay extra to get the quality rather than be surprised with junk at delivery. The axle hangers should have been rejected because the axle are not aligned properly-- not to mention that there are no wet bolts on the Dexter axle components. To me that is Hartland's responsibility not Lippert's because Heartland accepted the frame rather than inspecting and rejecting it at delivery. I learned the hard way that one gets what they inspect- I wished Heartland could learn that lesson. It appears they rather spend more money on warranty issues than inspections. If Japan and Korea decided to get into the RV market, I believe the American manufacturers would scramble to keep market share and radically improve their QC. That is what it took to improve our auto industry during the 80's and 90's. Meanwhile when the American auto builders were producing junk, there were many enthusiasts and auto club accepting poor products with zeal :) I always thought it was on the verge of insanity. I see the same scenario in the RV industry.